[#2456] Error msg - Event date can not be set in the past!

13 years 3 hours ago #159156 by cliburn
Hi!

I updated GJ to 2.2, with that also the rest of the plugins, (events, file, etc). This is what I placed exactly in the form:

title: test
event: test
date: June 1, 2011
time: 01:00 AM
notify: yes

I get this error:

Event failed to save! Error: Event date can not be set in the past!

I tried changing the year to 2012:

title: test
event: test
date: June 1, 2012
time: 01:00 AM
notify: yes

and I get the success message finally:

Event saved successfully!
The topic has been locked.
13 years 3 hours ago #159162 by krileon
Could not duplicate your issue. The time is based off database time. Please check that your hosts database is not set 1 year in the future or something of the sort. You can debug the output in the function saveEvent of cbgroupjiveevents.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 3 hours ago #159163 by cliburn
Hi again!

May be this could provide some clue on why the error "Event date can not be set in the past" shows. I did try the same scenario above except I chose a different date:

April 10, 2011
1:00 AM

It successfully saved but I noticed something different, the time it shows for the event says 5PM. I tried editing it and upon arriving at the edit event form, the same date shows but this time instead of seeing 1:00AM (original) or 5PM (posted), I see 9:00AM in the time.
13 years 3 hours ago #159166 by cliburn
Hi!

Thanks for pointing out where I could start. Hmm... I doubt that the server time is wrong because the forum section posts of the site are all in sync with regards to the date and time of posting.
13 years 3 hours ago #159168 by krileon
Am still not able to duplicate, please check the version you're using in the integrations icon of GJ backend. The date and times use raw format with offset removed. Offset is only applied on display (in the events tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 3 hours ago - 13 years 1 hour ago #159169 by krileon
After tooling with Joomla offset was able to finally duplicate. Seams there is something off concerning datetime configuration when Joomla offset is not set to +0. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2456

Please note I could not duplicate event date in the past issue. I was able to confirm that dates are being offset when attempting to edit. Will be reverting the new date function and simply use PHP based date(, this will be affected by Joomla setting locale but at this point I'm done fighting the CMS and will just let it do as it intends.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn