[SOLVED] Display All Groups I Belong To

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #159447 by GoremanX
[SOLVED] Display All Groups I Belong To was created by GoremanX
How do I display all the groups I currently belong to? So far, I can only display all groups I've joined, or all groups I've created, but not both.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #159451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
You can't, Joined and Created are two completely different things. You'd need to alter core files and change the query to include users of groups with a status of 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159453 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
What's the point of listing groups I belong to if it doesn't include the ones I created? It's really unintuitive (and confusing).

I understand the need for a way to list just the groups I've created, that's a welcome feature. But I'm also a member of those groups. They should show up in my panel by default.

12 years 11 months ago #159463 by krileon
The link/tab clearly states "Joined Groups" then the other link/tab clearly states "My Groups". For management and better display purposes group ownership and group joining was split into 2 different displays. Otherwise becomes a cluttered mess trying to determine those you own and those you just belong to. GJ 2.x is completely template-able and open source. If you feel it does not fit your needs then alter the template or core to meet your requirements. This will not be changed, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #159464 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
Yeah I get all that. But when a user clicks on something called "My Panel" and is presented with the words "This user has not joined any Groups" (because he only belongs to a group he created), it's confusing and misleading to users. A much better solution would've been:

- by default, show ALL groups that user belongs to, and style the ones he owns differently

- show a link to Groups the user owns (this already exists and works fine)

- show a link to Groups the user has joined (this is the current default behaviour)

I think that kind of arrangement would be far more useful to everyone. Or better yet, instead of all these extra links, just add a filter in a drop-down box.

I've been trying to figure out where to change the query you referred to, but so far no luck.

12 years 11 months ago #159466 by krileon
component.cbgroupjive.php and tab.cbgroupjive.php controls preparing frontend displays. From there you can alter the queries. Please note altering the query for profile tabs and the panel is one in the same, your changes will be reflected in both locations. A drop-down was considered, but all test results found to be too bulky and too unreliable, was best to provide dedicated pages for joined and owned groups instead of joint with a filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn