[SOLVED] Display All Groups I Belong To

13 years 3 weeks ago #159659 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
Pursuant to this question, would it be possible to configure the mod_cbgroupjive module to display both the groups a user has created and the groups they've joined?

This would be a more elegant solution since it could be placed on any page.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159814 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
The module doesn't show either of those to begin with. It shows the below only.

Latest Categories
Popular Categories
Latest Groups
Popular Groups
Statistics
Panes

You're welcome to edit any of GJ to meet your needs as necessary of course, folks there is ZERO encoding in GJ.. it is all open source. I can not design GJ to meet specific user needs, it is designed with generalization in mind. At this stage I can not merge Joined and My groups together, nor will I, as requires a massive core edit as well as loss of features.

I've added a feature request to implement into the module to display My/Joined groups. I've also added feature request to have a parameter to switch display from My/Joined to a single Groups tab, etc..

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2468
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2467

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fader8

13 years 1 week ago #160675 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To

krileon wrote: I've added a feature request to implement into the module to display My/Joined groups. I've also added feature request to have a parameter to switch display from My/Joined to a single Groups tab, etc..

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2468
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2467

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this in the queue. While I'm sure there are folks who may be interested in what groups are popular, that doesn't include me or my users! I'm using Groupjive now as a "workgroup" host, and it looks like it's going to work out much better than some of the alleged workgroup packages that are out there, especially for my particular breed of non-web savvy users. So thanks again!:)

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

13 years 1 week ago #160699 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
The requested features are now implemented into 2.3RC made available to professional subscribers. Am shooting for release of 2.3 stable by end of week, stable releases are available to advanced subscribers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #160726 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
sweet! Thanks!

12 years 11 months ago #163560 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Display All Groups I Belong To
Finally got around to trying to implement this... but it doesn't seem to work. I have Groups Display and Joined Display set to "enabled" in backend, but all I get are "this user has no groups" in the panel on the front end (because I belong to 2 groups, but have not created any). I tried toggling the options back and forth between "enabled" and "disabled" (because they don't seem to work unless you disable them and save first), but it still didn't work. All those options seem to change is the summaries in the "Panel Information" on the left.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn