Who could send messages?

13 years 1 week ago #160285 by Netto
Who could send messages? was created by Netto
In the settings I can set 'messaging' from 'deactivated' to 'activated', but I couldn't see any different.

What I want is: a member of a group could send a message to all members.

How can I realise this?

Thank you!

Jens.

my site: www.kulturbuero-goettingen.de
Using Eventlis, Stalytics2, Vemod Newsmailer
Joomla 1.5 with:
CommunityBuilder with CB Activity, CbMailing, GroupJive, CBSubs
Kunena Forum, Remsitory, Shoutbox, UddeIM, JEvents,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #160306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Who could send messages?
You can't, only Moderators, Category Owners, Group Owners, and Group Admins can use the message feature. Normal users can not use message features. Would be too easy of course to spam an entire group of users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #160320 by Netto
Replied by Netto on topic Re: Who could send messages?
It's a pity. In the last version there was this feature - and I used it very often.
Now I have to look for another possibility to manage my groups with my Joomla 1.6
Or have you got any idea to do it with CB and its plugins?

Jens.

(sorry for the same answer as in the other thread...)

my site: www.kulturbuero-goettingen.de
Using Eventlis, Stalytics2, Vemod Newsmailer
Joomla 1.5 with:
CommunityBuilder with CB Activity, CbMailing, GroupJive, CBSubs
Kunena Forum, Remsitory, Shoutbox, UddeIM, JEvents,

13 years 1 week ago #160427 by krileon
GJ 1.8 and 2.0 are nothing alike, we did not develop 1.8 and 2.x is developed entirely from the ground up. The message feature is limited to select users of the group, this is to prevent spam. Allowing any user who joins to message everyone in the group would be an absolute disaster. GJ is of course open source and you're welcome to change the authorization check to allow users to message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163244 by it@iuslaboris.com
Replied by it@iuslaboris.com on topic Re: Who could send messages?
Hello,

I work with an intranet of users. So I have a control on my users, I would like to open the email option to all registered users.
I could change by myself but it will be easier if you tell me wich file/function I have to change...

In advance, thanks

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163367 by krileon
You've need to modify the email function for the respective location (overview, category, or group) in component.cbgroupjive.php. Adjusting the authorization check as necessary. Once done you'll need to edit the respective template file to enable the menu link (xyz_pane.php).

Even in controlled environment it is not recommended due to spam potential. As a single users login being compromised could result in thousands of emails sending from your site. Is less likely for an owner or admin of sorts to be compromised compared to entire userbase.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn