canadmin create a group and set user as gr.admin?

13 years 2 days ago #161196 by hintzsche
Hello, when i install groupjive. ist it possible to disable group creating? i want that user can create local groups. So the user shall contact me with data and zip code and i want to create the group for him and set him as group admin. Can i do this ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161367 by krileon
Yes, from backend configuration of GJ under the Groups tab simply set Create to Disabled. This won't affect you as a Super Admin though so you'll still be able to create groups from frontend. Additionally the Category owner can also create groups in their categories so you may want to limit this as well (see Category tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hintzsche

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #161397 by hintzsche
thank you for your answer. how can i set that only me can create groups in a category or only me can create categories.

i have no group create entry in my frontend. how can i set it ?

more importent; is there a group search form. so that users can search for groups ?

like choosing a category and get a list of all groups of this category?

12 years 11 months ago #161485 by krileon

thank you for your answer. how can i set that only me can create groups in a category or only me can create categories.

I've already explained this, please read my previous reply.

i have no group create entry in my frontend. how can i set it ?

You need to be viewing GJs frontend, not the tab on your profile. You can find the frontend by clicking the Frontend URL (at the top above the navigation icons) in GJs backend panel.

more importent; is there a group search form. so that users can search for groups ?

Yes, everything is search capable, display count capable, and paging capable. When navigating to a category users are able to search the groups within that category.

like choosing a category and get a list of all groups of this category?

Yes, this is how it functions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #161488 by hintzsche
yes but the user shall not get into the administration panel to watch categories. i need a search that only searches groups. all in the jommla frontend.

12 years 11 months ago #161512 by krileon
Searching is doable from frontend, you need to navigate to a category on frontend and you can search its list of groups. This assumes you have no disabled searching in GJ configuration in backend. The frontend of GJ is found by using the Frontend URL on the Plugin page when navigating to GJ from Plugin Management in the backend. Click the link and it will take you to frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn