[#2499] Select users to invite with dropdown menu

13 years 2 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #161693 by riddell
I'd like to be able to select users to invite to join a group with a dropdown menu that shows the entire member list. It should allow selection of either individual users or all the registered users.

The current method of selecting with username or actual name is difficult without knowing this information already.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 days ago #161697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Select users to invite with dropdown menu
You're welcome to add this, but will not be doing so. Having a drop-down list of all registered is impractical and against user privacy (not everyone wants to be exposed like that). A site with over 100 users for instance would be a HUGE drop-down list. Imagine a site with say 1,000 users. It becomes more problematic then helpful. The idea is to invite people you already know, selecting a random user from drop-down seams inappropriate. Perhaps a drop-down of just your connected users would be good.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riddell

13 years 2 days ago #161703 by riddell
Replied by riddell on topic Re: Select users to invite with dropdown menu
Yes I see your point.
Inviting already connected members is a good idea. Thanks!

13 years 2 days ago #161706 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Select users to invite with dropdown menu

Inviting already connected members is a good idea. Thanks!

I completely agree and have made a feature request to keep track of the proposed implementation. :)

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2499

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166640 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re: Select users to invite with dropdown menu
Kyle

Where we are struggling with GJ is that we ave around 260 members, in various different subscription plans. Our admin wants to invite all members of PLAN A to join the group (he has no clue who they are) but there is a legitimate discussion group for those members. Right now it is impossible.

Can you consider a feature where a manger or above can mass invite the users of a specific subscription plan to a group, (or even based on the content of a specific cb field) please?

Cheers

Cliff

12 years 10 months ago #166643 by riddell
Replied by riddell on topic Re: Select users to invite with dropdown menu
Kyle's description is similar to what I wanted in my original post for an admin or manager to be able to do.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn