Forumintegration not showing in GJ 2.3

12 years 10 months ago #165086 by Madan
Hi people!

First off; even though I've been working with CB and groupjive for some weeks now I'm still amazed over it's potential and how easy it is to use - even for a total newbie like myself. Another huge "thank you" to the CB-staff!

Still, I have a small problem...

I've integrated wall, file, events and forum in my GJ-setup. It all works fine except from the forum part. Forumintegration settings dosn't show when creating a new group and the integration tab dosn't show in the created group. It does, however, show when editing the group and the tab shows after saving the edit.

How do I make the forum integration show from start when creating a group?

I use Kunena 1.6.4 and GJ 2.3. Might be worth mentioning that I've tried settings auto-detect and Kunena 1.6.

Have a very nice week-end you all!

/Daniel in rainy Sweden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #165119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forumintegration not showing in GJ 2.3
The only reason for Group forum settings to be missing is if the Category forum is missing or disabled. Are you creating groups from backend or frontend when experiencing this problem?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165150 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: Forumintegration not showing in GJ 2.3
Hi Kyle!

Thanks for a very quick (as always) reply!

Here's some more information:
The category-forums are all there and they're all published. I created the categories in GJ/backend and categories were subsequently (automatically) made in Kunena. My problem occur in frontend creating groups.

My Kunena-forum is made-up like this:
Groupforum (which is mainforum) -> categories -> groupforums (the ones I'm having problem creating).

Do I have to many sub-forums?

Cheers! /Daniel

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #165316 by krileon
You don't make any forums manually aside from the top level category for GJ to place all forums in. Once configured simply save your group and the forums should automatically create. If they are not then something has gone wrong; either configuration or error wise. Please run GJ tools from backend and perform any fixes as necessary. If issue still persists please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration and attempt to save a group to see if any errors show up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #165667 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: Forumintegration not showing in GJ 2.3
Hi y'all!

Still trying to solve my problem with no progress, so i'm bugging you lot once again. :blush:

First off, to reply to Kyles suggestions; first I created the top-category in Kunena and secondly created the group-categories in GJ. The preferences were set so that registered users can make auto-published groups in the GJ categories. Subsequently I did the GJ fix which created categories (under the top-level) in Kunena. In short: no forums except from top-level were made manually.

Making groups as a registered user (having debug mode active) didn't result in any errors, but the forum tab still didn't show.

BUT, if i choose "edit group" after making the group, the forum-tab suddenly appears. Additionally, if I do not edit the group, I find "Group: missing forum ID" in the tool-page of GJ.

I can of course fix forums from the tools-page but I'd really want them to auto-create and the tab to appear as soon as the group is saved the first time.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks for your efforts (especially Kyle).

/Daniel

12 years 9 months ago #165688 by krileon
Please provide what your configuration is for "Forum integration" for the Category of the group AND for the new group being created in that category. I can't seam to duplicate your issue however am using a development release where it's likely I've already fixed this for next release, lol.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn