How do I get started?

12 years 10 months ago #165951 by lovgret
Replied by lovgret on topic Re: How do I get started?
Hi Madan,

I got a little further, but I still don't have a good solution for how I intended to use GroupJive... I actually only want the users to belong to one group (a family) so I don't want them to see the categories (I guess I have to manually remove this part from the PHP file).
Also, how do I on the users' profiles show which groups they belongs too... I want to avoid showing 'my groups' for some users and 'joined groups' for others; just one place where the membership is shown.

so as you see, I am not there yet ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #165995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How do I get started?
You can't remove categories, it's a part of the core and used in permissions handling, URLs, etc.. There's no way to disable them either.

As for combining groups within GJ configuration on the Tabs tab set the My Groups tab to show Joined then disable the Joined tab. This will combine both display results into a single tab called My Groups, which could be renamed to just Groups through language strings for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lovgret

12 years 10 months ago #166025 by lovgret
Replied by lovgret on topic Re: How do I get started?
Thanks a lot for the answer - just what I needed :-)

So my (so far) last question is: Is it possible to search among groups? For example searching in the about-text or description? And is it possible to add fields to groups and then make them searchable?

Thanks for the answers so far.

Henrik

12 years 10 months ago #166183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How do I get started?

Is it possible to search among groups?

Yes, navigate to a category and you can search among all the groups in that category.

For example searching in the about-text or description?

The searching is based off name only.

And is it possible to add fields to groups and then make them searchable?

No, groups don't have fields in the fashion that CB does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn