[SOLVED] Delete and unpublsih categories

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #170935 by Guardian1
[SOLVED] Delete and unpublsih categories was created by Guardian1
In order fpr blogs to publish to articles on our site I have to enable certain users to be authors but Ive just realised that authors also have the ability to delete or unpublish categories on the groupjive software

Is there a way to stop authors from having this facility ? as at the moment and for the last 6 months anyone could use our blogs become authors on our site and delete entire categories

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #171030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Delete and unpublsih categories

In order fpr blogs to publish to articles on our site I have to enable certain users to be authors but Ive just realised that authors also have the ability to delete or unpublish categories on the groupjive software

Please what usergroups you've configured within CB Configuration to be moderators. Moderators are exempt from many configuration options and have much more power. Your author users can probably edit other users as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #171041 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: Delete and unpublsih categories
well its complex, as we have kunenu forums , blogs ,chat,wall, articles, and much more

but the groupjive has the original settings, where owners can make people moderators or admins, this also applies to the group forums and thats fine as I imagine this only applies too individual groups

the problem is that I use "myblog software" where people can post from blog to article and then from article to forum, but in order to have the article with the correct author on the site I have to make them an author, this works fine on the rest of the site, its just I have only just realised that author on groupjive means deleting of entire categories

I just wondered if there was a way to hide the "delete category" etc
or a way around it

12 years 8 months ago #171054 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: Delete and unpublsih categories
aha thanks you gave me the clue I needed :)

Yes I had authors as moderators on cb configuration

I've changed it to super admin

thats done the trick

thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn