Notification about new posts in Group Forum

11 years 4 months ago #213431 by mibert
Hi there,

is there any possibility to setup GroupJive, so that users are notified about new posts in the group forum?

Thanks in advance for your kind advise.

Best regards

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #213450 by krileon
Yes, they need to subscribe to the forum category. They're just browsing Kunena so all of Kunenas existing features still work of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #213453 by mibert
Hi Krileon,

I understand that users can subscribe to a forum category. I was thinking about some kind out auto subscribe function, so they will be notified of new group forum topics automatically.

Thanks for your advise.

Best regards

Michael

11 years 4 months ago #213711 by mibert
I assume that there is no solution for this matter.

But it would be a nice feature for the next edition.

Best regards

11 years 4 months ago #213736 by krileon
The solution is to subscribe inside of Kunena, GJ does not handle Kunena notifications; it only handles access to them. No plans to add this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn