User Hierarchy or Parent Child User relationhip

14 years 7 months ago #109279 by shreenik
Hello All,

I'm trying to build a site where parent user registers in CB as usual and be able to registers his/her children as child users.

Has anybody done this or have any ideas?

Requirement is

1. Prent user registers using CB registration form first.
2. After activation, parent user logs in, enters his/her profile information and number of children he/she likes to add.
3. Depending on the answer to above question, parent user should be able to register that many child users.
4. A child user should also be like a regular user but only has one additional field in their records which is Parent ID. This Parent ID field is to be populated with the Uniq ID of the parent user.

Appreciate you thoughts/ideas/input.

Cheers,
Shreenik

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109308 by krileon
I believe this will need a plugin to be developed, but does appear doable. Plugin could add a field to comprofiler table which contains the parent ID. If this plugin is to create new users for the children, then this too is possible with queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #109345 by shreenik
Thanks for your response Krileon. Once parent user logs in he/she needs to be able to create child user. However if I log in as a parent user and click on register link, it says "You are already logged in". Looks like there is a validation to check if a user is logged in. Where would I need to customize this and take out the validation?

I turned the debug and error reporting on but there is no call stack. I only see queries logged.

14 years 7 months ago #109364 by krileon
You can not navigate to the registered link with a logged in existing account. Again, you'll need a custom plugin with it's own form to create additional users as child users of the parent user. This will require custom development, I suggest consulting a developer experienced with Cb API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #123383 by jbradder
I need to meet such a developer with experience of the CB API. Anyone out there?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.674 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn