regularly updating field

14 years 2 months ago #121826 by jcolson
regularly updating field was created by jcolson
Simple Question.

Is there a way to add fields to community builder that can be updated regularly, that do not overwrite each time it is updated.

What I would love to do is:
To be able to have a customer enter a bodyweight for a given date, then enter a new one for a new date in a table, keeping track of history.

Does anyone know a way to make this happen, preferably if there is a cb plug that allows some different field options like this.

I could then display certain table values on a page for the customer to see their history.

Thanks ahead of time.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/10 00:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #121859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Question - History
Out of the box, no. You'd need to create a new CB Plugin to accomplish this. I recommend reviewing ProfileBook and ProfileGallery on how to structure a plugin to do data submission, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137360 by jcolson
Replied by jcolson on topic Re:Fields Question - History
Bump on this.

Is there any new news on some sort of plugin tht may help.

Thanks

13 years 8 months ago #137445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Question - History
jcolson wrote:

Bump on this.

Is there any new news on some sort of plugin tht may help.

Thanks

Please do not bump threads, it is not permitted. Thread moved to request boards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn