Close Account - plugin

17 years 4 months ago #26200 by LordMerlin
Replied by LordMerlin on topic Re:Close Account - plugin
Sure, that's a good idea. But I think the admin should be able to enable / disable the feature where a user's uploads, blog entries, etc are deleted. Just now the user has contributed valuable info, which the site admin wants to keep.

He should also be notified if a user unsubscribes, and then he has the chance the manually go through all the info, and delete what he doesn't want?

* cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
* Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
* Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting

SoftDux- The Leaders in Software

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36821 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Close Account - plugin
how about it.. does it exist or is it planned already?

communities can get cluttered otherwise and memebrs have not such a great benefit...

15 years 3 weeks ago #92447 by parallaxd
Replied by parallaxd on topic Re:Close Account - plugin
This seems to be a fundamental oversight in CB. kinda painful for communities that may have members that have been migrated from another system, or a different set of content.

We use CB for the ability to have a profile page that shows site content on it.

It also allows us to use the cb environment for choosing what kinds of mails to get.

problem is, users can cancel their own accounts. This doesnt seem to be keeping with current web privacy standards, and I really think this needs to be addressed.

In our case, we'd save any content provided by a deleted user, but just state that the user no longer existed.

We need a solution to this, as it really compromises how safe our users feel when using our community. I've tried the previously available plugin, with no luck.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn