clan member/roster

16 years 6 months ago #45278 by remirol
Replied by remirol on topic Re:clan member/roster
I'm sure this is probably a dead message but that 'module' is in fact a wrapper around the VWARS (vwars.de) clan system. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a system that can operate multiple clans within one group of people (like me running an internet/gaming centre).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45723 by pcjunkie
Replied by pcjunkie on topic Re:clan member/roster
Both Projects are practically dead....

Vwar has not been upgraded in almost a year. Most small upgrades are user fixes for security holes.

Clan members has moved on - to where I know not but I do know he has been studying and that will be another 2 to 3 years. I doubt you will see much of this project.

The good news?

www.mylansite.org/

MY Lan Site
Does almost everything Vwar did and runs in Joomla Natively.
It even has or is planning on CB connections.
Its a great effort for those involved. It is still in its infancy but It works well/.

I hope to use it in the next site upgrade and get away from Vwar - SMF and bridges. Having everything in one place is neater and quicker. besides. I have had enough of skinning 3 separate things on my website and no time for anything else...

16 years 2 months ago #54360 by SGT_2AD
Replied by SGT_2AD on topic Re:clan member/roster
I created a tab in the registration process to my clan site. On it, there are Yes/No dropdowns for the current games we play. When the user selects "Yes" it automatically adds him/her to the roster(list). Also, rank, and call sign fields, which are hidden during the registration process.

This way I don't have to deal with managing roster anymore.

I run a 30+ person PS3 clan, and it was starting to get unmanagable. CB solved a big problem.

I love the look of the clan module. And will start playing around with css for the custom look I want.
Attachments:

16 years 3 weeks ago #58214 by Taoen7
Replied by Taoen7 on topic Re:clan member/roster
This sounds like a great idea.

Is there a way to let users create groups that they are a part of?

For my gaming site, I would like to be able to let users set up their own Arena Teams (World of Warcraft).

I could also see this work for the more commercial site im working on to let employees at a location all join the same office grouping.

13 years 6 months ago #141370 by kimba
Replied by kimba on topic Re:clan member/roster
I know this is a rather old thread but I was wondering if anything has happened since the last post.

I run a film production company and I'm looking for a rostering system where members can choose their availability for certain days of the week so we can organize when to work with them.

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/09/06 03:57

Post edited by: kimba, at: 2010/09/06 03:59

13 years 6 months ago #141371 by kimba
Replied by kimba on topic Re:clan member/roster
I agree. I run a film production company and I'm looking for a rostering system where members can choose their availability for certain days of the week so we can organize when to work with them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn