CB -> SMF integration

18 years 2 months ago #4272 by peterb
CB -> SMF integration was created by peterb
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=25718.0

This link shows how to Integrate SMF within a site. Register and logging in handle by SMF. It also writes to the CB User dbase.

What it DOESN'T do is allow access to the CB Details. It would nice if this integration were configured the other way around: let CB write into the SMF dbase and then it would be easy to proveide a usermen link to the forum.
-peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4334 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:CB -> SMF integration
I think this reverse integration might only work well if the forum 'details' has all of the required info that you want in CB. It is easy to make a plugin write to any other table in the same database. The difficuly part will be were do you put the extra stuff in the SMF tables and how do you MOD SMF to make it view/edit those new fields.

I have seen hacks mentioned on SMFs site about adding fields, etc. Have not looked at those hacks in detail but it just seems like it may not be that easy...

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/01/20 20:23

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #4337 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:CB -> SMF integration
I think everyone should take a close look at and support this new com_connector idea. forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,21066.0.html It allows for the connection of multiple programs all through the one interface.

I would like to see people like Cowboy, Geeffland, Orstio, and the many others that are working on bridges to get together and jointly work with each other on this idea. I am sure the more brain power that is added to the mix will create the best and most stable multi program bridging component available.

This is really needed to take Joomla to the next leval.

Just my 2 cents,

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn