Personalised News Feeds (like in Facebook)

15 years 6 months ago #76335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Personalised News Feeds (like in Facebook)
Anytime :)

I plan to release any plugin I develop. Only fair to give back to a community that has given me so much.

Currently out of ideas so haven't made many new plugins lately. Recently released what I had just finished, which is my jAwards AutoAwards plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80179 by kimba
I tired to install it to have a look see and got this failure message

"Plugin version (2.0) different from Community Builder version (1.1)"

15 years 4 months ago #81448 by paddylatino
Replied by paddylatino on topic Re:Personalised News Feeds (like in Facebook)
Yeah, that's cause the XML file says the plugin version is 2.0, change that to 1.1 (or 1.2) and it works fine :)

15 years 4 months ago #81450 by paddylatino
Replied by paddylatino on topic Re:Personalised News Feeds (like in Facebook)
Ok, having made the change to the XML file, and adde din the joomgallery hack, I noted that when my friend does some activity, I see it on MY friends updates tab, but I look at my friend's profile and there's no record of it. should it be there as well? so people see what people are up to?

15 years 4 months ago #81465 by Deinticker
Replied by Deinticker on topic Re:Personalised News Feeds (like in Facebook)
It should be a component, not a plugin(Tab). You should not see what who is doing...in profile. Look at myspace, there is one site for profile, one site for updating profile AND one site for WHATS GOING on in the whole community when you are logging in. Just an idea :)

Post edited by: Deinticker, at: 2008/12/07 20:50

15 years 4 months ago #81725 by parth
Replied by parth on topic Customised News RSS
Just came across this post.

We released a CB User RSS Plugin some time ago which allows you to build your own news feeds . Its available at the extension shop at www.tekdi.net.

Post edited by: parth, at: 2008/12/09 07:12

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn