uddeIM 0.5

18 years 2 months ago #2993 by perbau
Replied by perbau on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
Thanks, It was because i had a menuitem whit special auth. But it was not used. (Hiden)

When i change the auth. to registered it's OK.

I then tried to delete the menuitem, since it's not uused. But then i get a SQL error in my modules

"MB DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OR pm.menuid = 0 ) AND p.id = pm.pollid AND p.published = 1' at line 3 SQL=SELECT p.id, p.title FROM jos_polls AS p, jos_poll_menu AS pm WHERE ( pm.menuid = OR pm.menuid = 0 ) AND p.id = pm.pollid AND p.published = 1
SQL =
SELECT p.id, p.title
FROM jos_polls AS p, jos_poll_menu AS pm
WHERE ( pm.menuid = OR pm.menuid = 0 )
AND p.id = pm.pollid
AND p.published = 1
"

So for now i must leve the hiden menu item.

Thanks /Per

PS your Karma just went up ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #3018 by scm14
Replied by scm14 on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
I also get the following error when acessing the component backend:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /blah/blah/administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_config.php on line 34

I had an apostrophe as well in the title of my website. I removed that apostrophe but I still can't access the backend! I dont know why it didnt solve my problem seeing it solved someone elses :(

it looks like a great program Benjamin. many thanks for the work you put into this.

Also, I get a similar error, with a different file, from the frontend under the UDDEIM general notifier:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /blah/blah/administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_config.php on line 34

Post edited by: scm14, at: 2005/12/30 23:49

Post edited by: scm14, at: 2005/12/30 23:51

18 years 2 months ago #3029 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
Hi scm14,

first to say: this bug is now fixed in all downloadable files on mamboforge.net/projects/uddeim

scm14 wrote:

I had an apostrophe as well in the title of my website. I removed that apostrophe but I still can't access the backend!

Have you removed the apostrophe in the Joomla configuration as name of your website?
  • You can put it back there. uddeIM doesn't force you to change the name of your site.

The install bug caused this apostrophe to find its way in the uddeim configuration and even if you changed the name of the website afterwards, it is probably still in the uddeim config.

So we have to remove it from there.

Open uddeim_config.php in your administrator/components/com_uddeim directory. At line #34 (as the error message said) you will find something like
[code:1]$config_sysm_username = 'scm14's web site';[/code:1]
Now remove the single quote ' that is in this string, but not the leading and the trailing quote, to
[code:1]$config_sysm_username = 'scm14s web site';[/code:1]or whatever you like (as long as it does not contain single or double quotes).

I hope this helps. Please get back if not and please write here whether that solved the problem.

Happy new year!

18 years 2 months ago #3033 by scm14
Replied by scm14 on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
Thank you Benjamin! That solved everything. Once again, I must say I really appreciate how much time it must have taken you to code this software and it appears to be a great product. Major props to you. It's deserved.

Thanks again, and happy new year.

18 years 2 months ago #3057 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
Hi Benjamin,
Excellent component. You did a great job on implementing so many new features and it installed and worked as smooth as a fine component should be. :)

I just have a question on how to activate a wysiwyg editor for composing the new PMs so when sending the PMs the smilies and other embedded code will show as graphics or formatted text when it is opened by receivers.

Keep up the good work.

JD

18 years 2 months ago #3075 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5
Hi joomladude,

thank you.

joomladude wrote:

I just have a question on how to activate a wysiwyg editor for composing the new PMs so when sending the PMs the smilies and other embedded code will show as graphics or formatted text when it is opened by receivers.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

If you active BB Code and emoticons, the message will appear as formatted text and/or graphics when opened by the receiver.

The sender will see buttons (s)he can use to insert bb codes and smilies.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds