Admin Approval Emails not Firing and Admin To-Dos

12 years 8 months ago #171759 by delliott
Hello I am runnign 1.2.2 and Joomla 1.5.23 on CB 1.4. Site is www.jmchamber.com.
I have 1 subscription that is conditional, i.e., the admin needs to approve it before the user can pay and be subscribed.

The email to admin after the user registers is not firing off. Secondly the CB Moderator module does not show there is a pending user to be approved.

Please help me get this working or confirm it is a bug.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #171762 by nant

delliott wrote: Hello I am runnign 1.2.2 and Joomla 1.5.23 on CB 1.4. Site is www.jmchamber.com.
I have 1 subscription that is conditional, i.e., the admin needs to approve it before the user can pay and be subscribed.

The email to admin after the user registers is not firing off. Secondly the CB Moderator module does not show there is a pending user to be approved.

Please help me get this working or confirm it is a bug.

Which exact email do you mean?
CB one or CBSubs one?

What do you mean by admin needs to approve it before payment?

12 years 8 months ago #171766 by delliott
Hi Thanks for quick reply.

I believe the CB should fire off an email to the admin on the website when a new user registers that requires approval first. I have specified that one of my subscription plans needs admin approval prior to payment. That email is not getting sent.

Also, I believe the CB comprofilermoderator module should show when an admin is logged in the front end if there is a new user to approve, this is also not happening.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #171782 by krileon

I believe the CB should fire off an email to the admin on the website when a new user registers that requires approval first. I have specified that one of my subscription plans needs admin approval prior to payment. That email is not getting sent.

Have you tested admin approval without CBSubs? Does it function fine? Are registration emails functioning fine? Have you tested Mass Mailer found in user management to ensure emails are sending at all? There was a known issue with pending emails, but this has sense been solved with CBSubs 1.2.2, if possible please upgrade to CB 1.7.

Also, I believe the CB comprofilermoderator module should show when an admin is logged in the front end if there is a new user to approve, this is also not happening.

The module has no code for this. It displays pending profile approvals, avatar approvals, and connection requests; nothing more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #171786 by delliott
The pending profile approval in the module is what is not showing.

Insofar as testing mass emailer--this is a production site, I can't do that. I've seen this work on another site I administer, it is joomla 1.5.22 that is the only difference. Both CBsubs and CB are same version. I compared the settings between the two and they are identical other than joomla version.

I gave nant my admin access. I'll add you as an admin so you can see that the emails do not come across if you'd like. The system does send the email to the applicant, but not to the administrator. I think that proves that the system can send emails.

In summary: My understanding is that admin user should get an email notifying them that they have a new user to approve. The way this is setup in CBsubs is that the user has to be approved before the user is attached to the subscription record. I can see in the db that no subscription record is created until the user is approved. I need for the admin to get an email so that they know they have someone to go approve.

If that can work, I don't care if the module shows the pending approval. It would be nice if it did, but an email will suffice.

12 years 8 months ago #171790 by krileon
Admins should indeed receive an email if there is users requiring approval. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn