Admin Approval Emails not Firing and Admin To-Dos

12 years 7 months ago #171808 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and all of the administrators except for the one created for me has "Receive Moderator Emails:" set to "No". This means those users will never receive moderator emails, this includes admin approval emails.

Within CB configuration on the moderation tab "Send Moderators Email" is also set to "No". So no moderator emails will ever send to any user regardless of their individual configuration. You also have "Moderator Approve Users" set to "No", which is why user approvals do not appear in the moderator module.

I've fixed the admin configuration but due to a bug regarding the ajax checking in CB 1.4 I could not fix the users who have their "Receive Moderator Emails:" set to "No". Please upgrade to CB 1.7 and once done edit your administrator users and set "Receive Moderator Emails:" to "Yes". Once done re-test to ensure moderator emails are received.

For future reference I highly recommend reviewing the CB documentation available for download in the advanced downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #171813 by delliott
Thank you, I do read the documentation but sometimes things like are just gotchas and no matter now many times I review it, it is just not obvious. I really appreciate your help today. CBSubs is truly the only good subscription tool for Joomla in my opinion. This is my 2nd install of it.

Quick question does v1.7 work ok on Joomla 1.5.x? I cannot upgrade to 1.7 Joomla yet...not enough other plugins ported to it yet.

12 years 7 months ago #171891 by nant

delliott wrote: Thank you, I do read the documentation but sometimes things like are just gotchas and no matter now many times I review it, it is just not obvious. I really appreciate your help today. CBSubs is truly the only good subscription tool for Joomla in my opinion. This is my 2nd install of it.

Cool - nice to know!

Quick question does v1.7 work ok on Joomla 1.5.x? I cannot upgrade to 1.7 Joomla yet...not enough other plugins ported to it yet.

CB 1.7 works fine on ALL versions of Joomla!

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #181274 by jsrunder
Oh! So close!

Edited: Much apologies. I replied to a thread relevant to an issue I'm having, but it should be in a different category, not in potential bugs. I am using CB 1.4, CBSubs 1.1.2, and J! 1.5.22.

===original post:

Curious.... I'm not finding how to allow either select users or users from a select permission group or CBSubs plan to be able to Approve/Moderate new registrations PER CBSubs Plan.

Example:

Plan A
- Upgrade 1
- Upgrade 2
- Upgrade 3

Plan B
- Upgrade 1
- Upgrade 2

When a new registrant subscribes to Plan A, there is no need to Approve this new registrant, only their Confirmation Email is required for Registered access.

When a subscriber to Plan A submits to one of the Upgrade Plans, there is an Approval required by Moderator.

For Plan B, we want a Moderator to Approve new registrations for access.

So, how can we set select CBSubs Plans to require Moderator Approval, and have Moderators for Plan A Upgrades, and different Moderators only be able to Approve for Plan B?

I may not have the Moderator Emails set up correctly. We do get email notification of new registrations, but there's not a link or some indicator for the receiver of that email (Moderator) to go to Approve that new registration.

Thank you.

And I agree... CBSubs is fantastic. It has allowed our organization to grow and be much more organized.

Best regards....and thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn