Query a Value on Registration

12 years 1 month ago #192658 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration
Suggest you study the wiki here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbdblookupfield/wiki

It explains the concept behind the lookup plugin.

The idea is not to allow registration for people that do not have proper entry code (provided through some other process).

The example also "turns off" codes once they have been used.

I do not think you can use [firstname] substitutions in your queries as the record has not been saved yet during validation.

Hopefully you can modify your approach to be more inline with wiki example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike5151

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192755 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration
Nick

Thank you - that works very nicely; I have added the last name requirement by concatenating the member's last name and the membership number together in the 'union _member_no' field so that it has the format 'lastname123456' as oppossed to just '123456', which satisfies my requirement to know the two pieces of validation information.

Remains to be seen if that is too challenging for the users though!

Regards

Mike

12 years 1 month ago #192998 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration
Happy to report that the site is now live and that the union members have been piling onto the site and registering with very few issues.

Once again thank you for producing such a truly useful piece of software and for the tremendous support.

Regards

Mike

12 years 1 month ago #193078 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration

mike5151 wrote: Happy to report that the site is now live and that the union members have been piling onto the site and registering with very few issues.

Once again thank you for producing such a truly useful piece of software and for the tremendous support.

Regards

Mike

That's great!

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204011 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration
EDIT : sorry I havn't been fully testing the invite plugin...It generate the code and everything...I also noticed the required code integrated at registration...
:blush:

Hello,

This is very interesting topic !
But as there's an invite cb plugin now, could it be possible to integrate this feature into it ?
Maybe adding a field with a registration code to send ?
In fact the invite plugin should handle the external table.
The db lookup plugin should still be used as it is needed at registration.

Do you plan something like this in the futur ? Actually I badly need something like this...

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

11 years 9 months ago #204051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Query a Value on Registration
CB Invites generates an invite code when you invite a user. This allows the user to join the site with an email address other then the one the invite was sent to. You could set the Invite Code field to "Required" and if they don't have an invite code they can't join. It will of course also validate this code during registration if one is supplied. So it could technically provide exactly what you're wanting, but you'll need to first invite the users you intend to allow to join your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crony

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn