New reigstrant must reference an existing member

12 years 3 weeks ago #193153 by mike5151
I have a sports club site that we are developing. They have a Youth Membership and an adult membership. The way that the club have chosen to organise things is that if you want to be a youth member then a parent / guardian must already be a fully paid up social member.

Thinking round this issue I considered that it may be possible to simply form a 'connection' from the youth registrant to an existing member. Is it possible to form a 'connection' during the registration process?

If not, can you think of another way of effectively 'proving' the relationship between the youth member and an adult social member?

Kind regards

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #193176 by nant
So the workflow is?

Full paid member registeres/pays and somehow gives information to youth member?
Youth member can then reference this information to become a youth member?

Please take some time and think about the process you would like, then we can discuss implementation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #193192 by mike5151
The workflow is this.

Parent / Guardian registers, becomes a 'Social' member and pays their membership fee and then their membership is active.

Prospective Youth Member then registers for Youth membership but must show a connection to the Parent's Social membership. There are two reasons for this.
1. The youth membership package is a heavily discounted rate on the basis that the parent / guardian has also joined the club.
2. The club would like to identify familial relationships.

I guess what we could do is create a 'membership number' on registration (that would have uses elsewhere) - so that everybody who registers at the club has a 'unique identifier'. This would be advised to the Social member in their confirmation email. (assume that I can place field values in the email confirmations?)

Then the youth member would have a 'lookup' identifier to reference.

We could then use the DB Lookup plugin to reference that field in the same may that we did for the labour union (although in this instance the number could legitimately be referenced many times - if there is more than one sibling at the club for example - would that be a problem?).

How would we then create the connection between the parent and the siblings?

Kind regards

Mike

12 years 3 weeks ago #193227 by nant

mike5151 wrote: The workflow is this.

Parent / Guardian registers, becomes a 'Social' member and pays their membership fee and then their membership is active.

Easy enough to setup.

Prospective Youth Member then registers for Youth membership but must show a connection to the Parent's Social membership. There are two reasons for this.
1. The youth membership package is a heavily discounted rate on the basis that the parent / guardian has also joined the club.
2. The club would like to identify familial relationships.

Questions that pop-up:

Can youth members pay before pre-approval?
Do admins want to participate in pre-approvals?

You can setup a family connection type if you want and allow youth members to connect to family, but these connections can always be changes by end-users in the future.

I guess what we could do is create a 'membership number' on registration (that would have uses elsewhere) - so that everybody who registers at the club has a 'unique identifier'. This would be advised to the Social member in their confirmation email. (assume that I can place field values in the email confirmations?)

You can do this - not sure what it will buy you in the long run.

I guess I personally need the detailed workflow process.

Example:
Site admins could evaluate (backend) if a youth member has all the prerequisites for discounted membership and then could manually set a backend field for such a user. CBSubs plan can then appear only based on field value. You could even have a discount coupon based on field value also.

11 years 10 months ago #200287 by mike5151
The club have made many changes to their subscription plans since this was first posted that has changed the workflow and created an issue for registration of some member plans. In the description below Social, Youth and Partner describe discreet subscription plans.

Ideally, they would like 'Youth' members and 'Partner' members to be registered only by existing 'Social' members.

I had thought that would be possible by having a Tab within the member profile, that was only visible to 'Social' members, that contained a field delimiter with a URL link to the 'Youth' and 'Partner' plans where the 'Social' member would be able to make a new registration for the Youth or Partner member.

The Youth and Partner plans would have their registration workflow set to 'No, hide this plan from registration unless included in URL or needed for access'.

However, on clicking the URL link I simply get a message 'You are already logged in'. The 'Social' membership is not an exclusive plan and neither are the Youth or Partner plans, but clearly I am missing a piece of logic somewhere that prevents an existing member from making an additional registration (rather than an upgrade)to another plan.

Can you suggest where I should start looking?

Many thanks

11 years 10 months ago #200296 by krileon
Please ensure you're using the URL provided to you when editing your plan in CBSubs and not the registration URL. It should look similar to the below.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn