CB 1.8
No CBsub

Now:
I'd like to have 3 more usergroups:
  1. "CB moderators", which is all to easy:
    1. add the group as child of "registered"
    2. pick it in CB Configuration "moderation" as the "moderator groups"
    3. done

2. "CB managers", which should be allowed to login to backend and administrate the user component. Yet i thought it should be enough to ...
    1. add the group as child of "CB moderators"
    2. Allow "login" to frontend as well as to backend" (and nothing else) in Joomlas configuration
    3. Allow everything in "Users" -> "Options" for this group
    4. done

3. "CB admins" - which should be allowed to access CB component administration itself. Similar as above, i thought ...
    1. add the group as child of "CB managers"
    2. leave "inherit" in Joomlas configuration
    3. Allow everything in "CB" -> "Configuration" -> "Options" for this group
    4. done
So far the plan in theory.
Live is what happens meanwhile ...

When I try to login in to backend with an account I assigned to "cb managers" (and "registered"), i can see ... nothing.
Nothing but "Preview" and "Logoff" on top right corner.

Now the real "funny" thing:
  1. In a different browser I logged in with my super user account. I assigned the account I used in the first browser window additionally to usergroup "manager" - you remember, one of the default usergroups to access the backend.
    I logged off and on again in the first browser window and - voilà - I can see and access all I wanted ... and more: all articles/content items, categories etc. PLUS user component.
  2. In second browser, i removed this account from group "manager" again, updated first browser (plain F5) and ... GREAT! :woohoo: EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED! ONLY User and own Profile!!! Woooohoooo!
  3. Then I logged off from backend in first browser window and back on again and ... saw nothing again. :blink: :pinch: :sick: :angry:
Now, who's fault is it? Mine? Joomlas? CB's?
Thanks in advance for helping me ... whenever you find time for it - I know its weekend.

Kind regards, Me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #200795 by krileon
CB has no control over Joomlas backend except for inside of CB directly. You'll need to navigate to Site > Global Configuration > Permissions and set their appropriate permissions; I recommend trying the below.

Site Login: Allowed
Admin Login: Allowed
Offline Access: Not Allowed
Super Admin: Not Allowed
Access Administration Interface: Allowed
Create: Allowed
Delete: Allowed
Edit: Allowed
Edit State: Allowed
Edit Own: Allowed

The above should mimic "Administrator" and you can remove/add as much permissions as you like as well. You may need/want to adjust the permissions further for each component as well for example Users > User Manager > Options > Permissions and CB > User Management > Options > Permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBeRKa

11 years 10 months ago #200891 by IBeRKa
Kyle,

above all: you're one of the 3 best supporters I've met in 25 Years of IT experence.
(FYI: #2 are the guys from www.syntellect.com, #1 is my ISP, who updated my servers within 17 minutes(!) after sending my email at 1:30am sunday morning)

back to business:
Did you know that Joomla's backend menu are hardcoded for access level "special"?
Me, I did actually NOT know yet.

All I had to do was granting group "manager" access to level "special" and all worked fine as I planned it! :great:

Thanks again for bringing me on the right track!

Kind Regards, me
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

11 years 10 months ago #200895 by krileon

above all: you're one of the 3 best supporters I've met in 25 Years of IT experence.
(FYI: #2 are the guys from www.syntellect.com, #1 is my ISP, who updated my servers within 17 minutes(!) after sending my email at 1:30am sunday morning)

I appreciate the kind words. To be truthful that made my day. :)

Did you know that Joomla's backend menu are hardcoded for access level "special"?

Yup, backend (and a lot of frontend) administrative features need the Special view access level.

All I had to do was granting group "manager" access to level "special" and all worked fine as I planned it!

Fantastic! Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

11 years 10 months ago #200913 by IBeRKa
What about moving this thread to a less restricted part of the forum? I'm pretty sure it could be helpful for others as well, not just developers, hm?

Regards, Me

11 years 10 months ago #200917 by nant

IBeRKa wrote: What about moving this thread to a less restricted part of the forum? I'm pretty sure it could be helpful for others as well, not just developers, hm?

Regards, Me

No need to move the thread - it is readable by everyone.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn