One Database for several Joomla! installations. Possible ?

11 years 2 months ago #220299 by gekko_505
Hi there.

First of all : Thumbs up for your AWSOME work, your reialibility and your competence!
I find this one of the most important and most compelling faktor for choosing a provider / privider's extensions. thank you.

Now to my question that i guess is interesting for many Joomla!-Site Providers.

One Database for several Joomla! installations. Is that possible ?

If not natively, do cound you give me some hints to where i have to work on ? E.g. might this be accomplished by writing a plugin ?
Ir dou you guess/estimate this could be accomplished by hacking just a few files ( it shoudl be maximally a few, since comparison and updating/merging/rehacking would have to happen with every new update that you bring out )

If it requires writing an own plugin and/or core-hacking :
I don't expect a precise manual howto, but am just humbely asking for an owerall from-the-guts estimation on this issue, that sure not only just me would have an idea on.
And maybe some tips/ hints.

Thank you a lot ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #220301 by gekko_505
OK i found one answer already ( by havin the right expression for the search now : "multi-database :) )

Seems it's not natively possible :(

Anyway ma next question is still very relevant :

could such finctionality be acomplished by writing a plugin ( no matter if CB- or Joomla!-plugin ) ?

ty

11 years 2 months ago #220309 by beat
Check Joomla multi-site extension(s) on extensions.joomla.org/ . Some of them claim to support CB (their claim, not ours as we didn't test ;) ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn