[SOLVED] Redirect Loop when new registered user attempts to log in

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #237279 by naturallink
Our website has developed an interesting problem - when a new registered user attempts to login for the first time we end up with a redirect loop with the following error

The webpage at ice-login.co.uk/index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Ive have searched through the joomla installation and can find nothing causing this. One word

HELP!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237315 by krileon
Why are you redirecting to Joomla profile edit on login? Be sure to have Joomla profiles disabled. Edit all your CB Login modules and ensure that none of them point to a index.php?option=com_users URL as well as check CB > Configuration > Registration for first login URL. If still doing it check if you have CB Auto Actions installed within CB > Plugin Management and see if you've any redirect actions configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237435 by naturallink
Replied by naturallink on topic SOLVED
Problem seems to have cleared itself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn