[#5539] CBsubs subscription price depending on a field

8 years 6 months ago #271438 by krileon
The validation is applied to each plan, but the required message is only being shown on the first plan. The plan selection is actually just a radio or multicheckbox field. So it has the same/similar validation being applied with the exception that CBSubs has completely customized and HTML based labels for their values. It looks like the display of the validation needs to be moved to be before or after the plan selection. I've added a bug ticket to fix the location of the validation error message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271442 by activha
The validation message may be hidden but it does allow to change step in the step by step registration, so it's not only a css problem.

Do you have a workaround in the mean time so that I could manually correct it and try your suggestion with jquery to unselect the default plan ?

8 years 6 months ago #271471 by krileon
The hidden plan is probably still checked, which is why the required state is considered passed. I've noted this in the ticket to fix the jQuery to reset the value of any hidden input.

Do you have a workaround in the mean time so that I could manually correct it and try your suggestion with jquery to unselect the default plan ?

I don't have a workaround to suggest at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271513 by activha

The hidden plan is probably still checked, which is why the required state is considered passed. I've noted this in the ticket to fix the jQuery to reset the value of any hidden input.

No I ve checked by removing all css styles, no plan are checked and yet the step is considered passed.
Last year I already ask you the same question and did not get an answer. The only solution was to show the first plan which is no longer an option for our marketing needs.

Can you tell me what jquery to add to auto action to remove all default plans only on registration page for testing it ?

8 years 4 months ago #275008 by activha
Hello

I am reopening this ticket as we have some difficulties using computed fields to set a price for a plan.

We have three different fields computed to a fourth one with :
SELECT ( `cb_field1` + `cb_field2` + `cb_field3` ) FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `id` = '[user_id]'

Then we use the fourth one (query) as input in the price for a special plan : [cb_field4] but this gives strange results or Zero result whatever the input of the three fields.

If we cannot use a query field as input for a plan price, what is the solution to compute a price from different fields in a plan ?

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275148 by krileon

No I ve checked by removing all css styles, no plan are checked and yet the step is considered passed.
Last year I already ask you the same question and did not get an answer. The only solution was to show the first plan which is no longer an option for our marketing needs.

Can you tell me what jquery to add to auto action to remove all default plans only on registration page for testing it ?

I do not have a solution for you at this time. The ticket is pending Beats investigation.

If we cannot use a query field as input for a plan price, what is the solution to compute a price from different fields in a plan ?

To adjust the price based off the value of a field you need to use CBSubs Promotions and apply a negative promotion to increase the price of the plan. This will not show on registration though as a user doesn't exist yet so the query field can't do anything at that point.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn