[#5539] CBsubs subscription price depending on a field

8 years 3 months ago #275178 by activha

To adjust the price based off the value of a field you need to use CBSubs Promotions and apply a negative promotion to increase the price of the plan. This will not show on registration though as a user doesn't exist yet so the query field can't do anything at that point.

Yes you already told us about this and this is what we did.
However the computed query field is not used by the negative promotion to reflect the correct price of the plan. This pan does not apply at registration, only on upgrade but can you check that a computed (mysql) query field can be used as a field for this kind of promotion ?

Does not seem to work on our side

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #275205 by krileon
It should work fine, but believe you have to substitute it in instead of using the "from a CB field" options. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

I believe the "from a CB field" usages are directly from the user object instead of getFields results, which is why it never finds anything from a query field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #275207 by activha
ok but I don't see a possibility for such substitutions in Promotions. Seems only "from a CB field" is available.

After tweaking, I have succeeded in getting the correct price change when going to the payment page, however I fail to have it shown on the plan page

Seems lk using negative promotions blocks the custom display of the price even when using [DISCOUNTED PRICE]

I mean that negative amounts do not show a changed higher price (hope you understand :-) )

8 years 1 week ago #279547 by activha
Coming back on this validation bug for hidden plans, did you fix #5539 in `cbsubs 4.0.2 ?

It does not seem to work

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #279568 by krileon
Validation issue was a bug in CB it self. Install latest CB nightly release and the validation error will properly display after the plans instead of only after the first radio.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 week ago #279608 by activha
We installed latest nightly but this validation still displays on the first radio and not after the plans.
Meaning is the plan is hidden there is no validation and user can go to next step

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn