[#5539] CBsubs subscription price depending on a field

7 years 11 months ago #281504 by activha
Thanks but this does not work as intended, seems like there is a problem with radio selection. In this case only Case 1 is working.

Can you write a manual validation to show somewhere if plans are hidden ? while the bug is sorted out

This brings lots of problem for registration as our users do not understand that they need to click on a plan to select it, and we may loose paying subscribers this way

this is a very important thing to fix

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281514 by krileon

Thanks but this does not work as intended, seems like there is a problem with radio selection. In this case only Case 1 is working.

I can't attest to the function of the jQuery as I didn't write it or review it, but adjust the bindings to be correct.

Can you write a manual validation to show somewhere if plans are hidden ? while the bug is sorted out

No, as already explained it's not as simple as that.

This brings lots of problem for registration as our users do not understand that they need to click on a plan to select it, and we may loose paying subscribers this way

Set a plan as default that isn't being conditioned and that solves the confusion as a plan will be pre-selected already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #281870 by activha

Set a plan as default that isn't being conditioned and that solves the confusion as a plan will be pre-selected already.

This is not as simple as this. Our customer would not understand because we segment them between two groups, professional and individuals.

If we could have one professional plan with these two features, it could work :
- feature 1 : price of the plan depending on a question asked to subscriber with 5 possibilities then 5 different prices (recurring in the future)
- feature 2 : payment of a price to be done either annually once or monthly or quarterly with annual subscription (through ogone and direct link that we have now)

But to my knowledge, CBSubs still does not allow these settings.

This is the reason why we need up to 12 different plans instead of only 3, and why we need to hide some to make things clear for customers.

So in a nutshell, this may be one of the biggest and more urgent bug to solve for CBusers

I have been asking for these functions for a while now

best regards
Jean

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #281875 by krileon

- feature 1 : price of the plan depending on a question asked to subscriber with 5 possibilities then 5 different prices (recurring in the future)

That can be done using negative promotions in CBSubs Promotions. Promotions can have conditions based off field values as well. The display override for promotions not working with negative promotions has been tested as working fine in latest nightly.

- feature 2 : payment of a price to be done either annually once or monthly or quarterly with annual subscription (through ogone and direct link that we have now)

You'll need a plan per duration for this. We don't currently have a way of having multiple price/durations per plan. A plugin is in the works to provide this at some point, but it's only basic functionality right now.

The validation bug is in CB it self (really it's jQuery Validate) and after our new Joomlapolis site is done will be focusing on a new CB release, which includes fixing that bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #281881 by activha

That can be done using negative promotions in CBSubs Promotions. Promotions can have conditions based off field values as well. The display override for promotions not working with negative promotions has been tested as working fine in latest nightly.

Would this work live on registration page to display the correct price instantly depending on the answer with javascript ? or will it still be at payment page ? because in this case it's still useless from a marketing point of view ;-)

You'll need a plan per duration for this. We don't currently have a way of having multiple price/durations per plan. A plugin is in the works to provide this at some point, but it's only basic functionality right now.

Is it possible to contribute pay for such a work ? in order to accelerate the dev ?

7 years 10 months ago #281888 by krileon

Would this work live on registration page to display the correct price instantly depending on the answer with javascript ? or will it still be at payment page ? because in this case it's still useless from a marketing point of view

No, it will only apply at time of basket or if they're logged in then it'll apply anywhere. It's possible an ajax price updating will be added at some point. Have added a feature ticket for ajax price updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn