Banning front-end users after login

6 years 11 months ago #293573 by cpaschen
Banning front-end users after login was created by cpaschen
We have a site with several user groups and whenever someone of the "authors" user group (not related to the old Joomla 'Author' level) logs in, it appears that they get redirected to a different page for a 'flicker' of a second and then they get the notice:

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.

And then their account gets banned (the "last Visit" does NOT get updated).

This does not happen for any other user groups.

We're using:
CB 2.1.2
CBSubs 4.1.0+build.2017.04.04.18.52.26.449be6714
CB AntiSpam 3.0.1 (although we have tested with this un-published and still get same results)

As far as we can remember, this happened after the most recent CB update (but not sure).

Any ideas what might be causing this, or what areas we should be testing to track this down?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
That's a Joomla error. The language key for it is JERROR_NOLOGIN_BLOCKED. It appears to only be thrown if the user has been Joomla blocked. Edit them within CB > User Management and unblock them. I've no idea why they were blocked though. If you've CBSubs set to require a subscription (no free registrations without subscriptions) then CBSubs will block them on login and ask them to subscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293611 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Banning front-end users after login
Thanks ... that was it exactly (subscription expired) [those users got an 'experimental' subscription that only lasted a short time and I forgot we ever used that].

However, one follow-up issue - they aren't being told they need to renew their expiration.

I found that we had failed to complete the email expiration notice area and have now done that.

However, when they try to log-in they are not seeing any notice for them to renew their subscription to be able to log-in.

Is there somewhere else that allows us to configure what is displayed to the user when they try to log-in in this situation? (i.e. no subscription active but site requires subscription to log-in).

6 years 11 months ago #293624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
They need to have access to plans that allow upgrades or their current plan needs to allow renewals. If neither condition is met then they won't have any plans available to reactivate their account. Also ensure upgrades and/or renewals are enabled globally within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293646 by cpaschen
I checked all the plans and the general settings and all are set properly; however, my original thought might be that the login process is somehow redirecting to a restricted page (when the user doesn't have an active subscription).

We presently have (on the global settings):
  • Show subscription plans at registration: Yes
  • Allow Free Registered User (without subscriptions): No
  • Create subscriptions also for free lifteime plans: Yes

We also have global renewals set:
* Show Renew/Reactiveate buttons: Yes
* Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities: Yes

In the plan we have (on the pricing tab):
* Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since more/less than: (both are set to) Can be reactivated anytime
* Manual renewal extends...: starts at expiration date or at payment date
* Auto-recurring: No

It seems that they aren't being allowed to log-in to view the renewal options.

All users need to have an active subscription to access our 'subscriber content'. And when their subscription expires they should just be taken to a subscription renewal page when logging in. However, it appears that you can't even log-in to access a subscription renewal page.

Do we have something configured improperly? Or does this not work in the way we are trying to use it?

NOTE: We have the login module set to redirect the user to the user's profile display on login.
We also tested setting "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to YES, but that allowed them to log-in but didn't indicate in any way to them that they needed to renew their subscription.

6 years 11 months ago #293647 by cpaschen
One note ... when editing the user on the admin-side I DO get the notice to renew the user and renewing a user with similar situation works fine there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn