Can't add users to a parent plan

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300130 by pastoweb
Can't add users to a parent plan was created by pastoweb
From the user management, I can't add users to the parent plan if it is set to be selected by default
I can just select one of the child plans, the parent has just a green flag icon and can't be selected, saying "Lifetime Subscription Active", but the user isn't listed in the parent plan's subscribers

I have 3 plans
- Free: parent, selected by default, exclusive
- - Individual: child
- - Company: child

This means that as administrator I can't manually add users to my free plan
How can I set the configuration to manage this issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300137 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't add users to a parent plan
Sounds like it's a free lifetime plan, but free lifetime plans aren't configured to create subscriptions. Within CBSubs > Settings > Global set "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" to "Yes" and retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300169 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Can't add users to a parent plan
Thanks, now I can add users to the free plan...still I don't really understand the reason for this configuration :)

6 years 4 months ago #300174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't add users to a parent plan
It's because you can't override the hidden free lifetime plan with your own. There's currently no functionality for specifying a fallback plan. We've a feature ticket to implement functionality for this though. Your alternative is to have something like the below.

Plan 1 - Free, Lifetime, Exclusive
Plan 2 (Individual) - Paid, Exclusive
Plan 3 (Company) - Paid, Exclusive

Then you'd use the below usages in CB Auto Actions to subscribe them to the free plan when Plan 2 or Plan 3 expires. This would avoid needing to use parent/child structure at least.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn