Browser cookies must be enabled - user not directed to subscription renewal

6 years 2 months ago #302226 by twcsec
We had this problem crop today and I have looked over everything and cannot get this figured out and was hoping for some help.

The scenario is that a user has an expired subscription. They login. Ordinarily, and previously, they would be automatically redirected to a subscription renewal page where it would display the plans that the user could subscribe to.

However now, upon login, the user is presented with the message "browser cookies must be enabled" (cookies are enabled).

I have searched the forums and tried the various things that have been suggested in other cases, and I still cannot get this to work the way it always has. I've reviewed all the plans and all the settings and I believe everything is setup correctly (unless I'm totally missing something).

I could use some additional help.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302227 by twcsec
I think I have narrowed this issue down to my use of the authentication plugin Master User. This has always worked in the past. I'm not sure why today it seems to no longer work. I read on the plugin's page that it no longer works with Community Builder because Community Builder no longer supports Joomla authentication plugins.

So I can use the master user plugin to login as another user who has an active subscription, but it appears I can no longer use this useful plugin to login as a user with an expired subscription.

Would love to get this working fully again.

Thanks,
Jason

6 years 2 months ago #302232 by krileon

I read on the plugin's page that it no longer works with Community Builder because Community Builder no longer supports Joomla authentication plugins.

That's not true at all. Authentication plugins can be enabled by adjusting Login Method within CB > Configuration > General.

So I can use the master user plugin to login as another user who has an active subscription, but it appears I can no longer use this useful plugin to login as a user with an expired subscription.

There's nothing we can do about this. The issue appears to be coming entirely from your 3rd party extension and will need to contact them regarding your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn