LinkedIn Connect Issue

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305326 by AlexRag
LinkedIn Connect Issue was created by AlexRag
I'm getting this error, even after following the CBConnect tutorial:

invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key.

Not sure if I need to complete other steps not already included in the tutorial (By the way, the screen images are different than what's now on LinkedIn site but the steps are similar)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305327 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic LinkedIn Connect Issue
Update:

I've added the Callback URL: "...components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?provider=linkedin" to the
OAuth 2.0 (Authorized Redirect URLs in LinkedIn configuration) and the error went away but the Callback URL is throwing me a 404 error now

5 years 10 months ago #305351 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic LinkedIn Connect Issue
Have retested the LinkedIn usage as working fine. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and retry to expose the error thrown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305393 by AlexRag
I've attached a pdf of screen images of all the pages that contained configuration options (Both CBConnect and LinkedIn).

I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is, except for the clue in the url that redirects to the 404 error (see attached)

"...components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?provider=linkedin&error=invalid_scope&error_description=Your+application+has+not+been+authorized+for+the+scope+%22r_fullprofile%22#!"

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic LinkedIn Connect Issue
You're trying to request a scope that can't be requested by your application. Edit your LinkedIn application and ensure under "Default Application Permissions" you've both "r_basicprofile" and "r_emailaddress" selected then unselect "r_fullprofile" within CB Connect. The "r_fullprofile" permission is only available to LinkedIn partners. You have to specifically request for it. Never select additional permissions unless you're absolutely sure you understand what you're requesting from users. CB Connect already handles the defaults necessary for registration and some profile filling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305417 by AlexRag
Thanks, Kyle. That did the trick! I wasn't aware that I did not need to select any of the "permissions" in the CB Connect "Application" tab.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn