cbsubs - paypal payment error

5 years 7 months ago #307197 by Andromeda57
cbsubs - paypal payment error was created by Andromeda57
Hello,

we configured all properly, but now paypal payments are not possible.. Do not know since when.

We have latest joomla, cb and cbsubs version. When trying to pay with paypal we get error message in paypal:

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Any idea what we can do?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307199 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbsubs - paypal payment error
PayPal Standard, Advanced, or Pro? Likely a configuration issue. Please ensure you've followed the instructions in the CBSubs Manual and within the gateways configuration it self very carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307201 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic cbsubs - paypal payment error
Hello !

Thanks for your fast answer. We use paypal standard.

We've found the issue. It is up to a setting in paypal itself. We set in paypal configuration "block payment rom non secured websites" to "yes". But even if we have ssl website paypal does not work. We set it to "no" and it is working again.

So, if anyone has problems with paypal payments, just check this configuration in paypal.

Cheers and have a great day, guys.

Tobias
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 7 months ago #307205 by krileon
Strange they're blocking your payments as we've always used HTTPS endpoints for PayPal so not sure what they're checking for exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #311560 by bins
Replied by bins on topic cbsubs - paypal payment error
Sorry to dig this old topic up, but this has been happening to me over the past few days (using Paypal Pro plugin)!

No new components etc installed, all worked great before!

Goes to PP, choose the payment method and bang, error.

Reported to PP on Friday, no response from them yet and their forum doesn't help!

EDIT:
I am sure it is CB related as payments for events using JEvents are going through!

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #311563 by krileon
CBSubs PayPal Pro doesn't go to PayPal. It's for accepting payments onsite. You're seeing that error onsite? If you're being sent to PayPal you're using PayPal Standard. We don't have any control over "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." error being thrown as that's on PayPals server side and you'll need to contact PayPal for them to check logs and see why the payment was rejected as we've no means of knowing why.

I am sure it is CB related as payments for events using JEvents are going through!

Using PayPal Pro or PayPal Standard? Any errors in CBSubs > History Log or failed payment notifications in CBSubs > Notifications?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn