Case study with CB Activity

5 years 7 months ago #307299 by activha
Case study with CB Activity was created by activha
Hi guys

We would like to insert a big button on some of our components pages with "I am a fan of" and were wondering whether we could achieve this with CB Activity ?

Ideally the number of "likes" would have to be counted and the button would be alone on a page with the activity recorded in the main CB activity.

Do you think it is feasible ?

Thanks for you input
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307300 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Case study with CB Activity
Yes, you can output Like buttons using the CB Activity module or CB Activity Bot. By default the module Like usage will like the page by its Itemid. You can supply your own asset for both the module and bot usages (e.g. 'fan.movies'). Be sure to read the parameters carefully under the Likes tab for the module and the description of the CB Activity Bot for Joomla content prepare usages for usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307487 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Case study with CB Activity
OK got it :-)

We set hotspots.%id and hotspots.%id.activations for our needs.
This is fine on the item pages but it is not displayed in CB Activity main page. Can you tell me if I need to add something somewhere for likes and comments to be displayed on the Activity main page ?

5 years 6 months ago #307490 by krileon
It won't log activity for likes of your asset unless you've created a CB Auto Action to do that, but even then the activity display code has no clue what they liked beyond the asset. Best way to do this is first add the system action so it logs the activity then to extend the core activity parsing template file with your own code for it to parse the asset into some sort of display. You can do that in the below template file.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity_core.php

You'll want to make a new folder next to the "default" folder and place a copy of activity_core.php into it then select your folder as the template for CB Activity so you don't lose your changes every time you update CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307554 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Case study with CB Activity
Regarding the commenting system, we have added also the comment features on the asset page but it does not seem to display neither on the main activity page.

We have an auto action working for adding the hotspot asset, but when commenting on the asset page, it does not display outside the asset page

Can you help me on this ?

5 years 6 months ago #307557 by krileon
What are you expecting the comment to do? Log an activity entry about the comment? Please clarify what exactly you're wanting it to do. There is no parsing for custom assets for activity display. You need to add that as explained above. The system action "CB Activity - Comment" also only logs activity for comments on activity, it does not log activity for any comment as it has no idea what the asset "test.123" for example even means or what it should display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn