Credit card name incorrect

5 years 6 months ago #307479 by cjmicro
Credit card name incorrect was created by cjmicro
Just had a subscriber pay with credit card - (PayPal Pro), using his AmEx. His confirmation as well as our payment basket shows Discover Card, is there somewhere i can fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Credit card name incorrect
You should have an IPN logged in CBSubs > Notifications that may include what card PayPal believes they paid with. This should just simply be "payment_type" in the IPN.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307495 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Credit card name incorrect
I'm not sure i follow. I see notification for payment which shows:
(notifcation raw data)

'CREDITCARDTYPE' => 'discover',
'ACCT' => 'XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXXX',

$_POST=array (
'cbpcardtype' => 'discover',
'cbpnumber' => 'XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX',

Then IPN raw data does not show any card type name, just ... 'payment_type' => 'instant',

I still don't understand how to fix it.

5 years 6 months ago #307505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Credit card name incorrect
Seams to think they selected the Discover card. PayPal also accepted the payment as the card being specified as Discover. Only reason for that would be they indeed selected Discover. I'm not seeing any issues with using the American Express card button during basket display in my tests. The API call is correctly sending cbpcardtype with a value of "amex". Only explanation I have is the user clicked Discover.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn