[SOLVED] Easiest way to update installed cb plugins

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308874 by Andromeda57
Hello guys,

in the past we could just click on the version number of a plugin and cb downloaded the latest file.

Now a click on the version number leads to a big directory and we have to search for the right plugin file to update?

This makes the update process much longer and more complicated...

What is the easiest way to update the installed cb plugins?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Easiest way to update installed cb plugins
Ensure you've logged into Joomlapolis then navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. Now click Install from Web tab and you should see an Updates category. There you can update individually already installed add-ons or you can use the Update All button to mass update. You can also install new add-ons from there as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308880 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Easiest way to update installed cb plugins
Thanks for your answer, but it does not work for us (yes, we are logged into joomlapolis...)
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Easiest way to update installed cb plugins
Click the refresh link in the bottom right of the tab. If still not working your browser security is probably blocking the JSONP request and you won't be able to use Install from Web (we'll be implementing an optional token system in a later release). Typically this is blocked by an extension installed in your browser (e.g. any form of security extension could be doing it) even though JSONP is a completely valid usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308884 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Easiest way to update installed cb plugins
Thank you, after that refresh it is working now.

Great new feature to install things and keep it all up 2 date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn