Switch Off Need For Tax ID/VAT in Invoice For Company

5 years 4 months ago #308976 by bins
How can I switch of the requirement for a VAT number if someone enters a business name?

VAT registration is not compulsory in the UK and we are getting dropped membership subscriptions because companies cannot enter a VAT number!

I thought we handled this a couple years ago, but we have lost several members because they are getting stuck here. Could this have been changed during an upgrade?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308978 by krileon
There's no feature to turn off VAT requirement if VAT is supplied (e.g. you can't supply VAT and it ignore validation; VAT field it self is not mandatory). Invoice address validation is done in the below file, which you'd have to modify to remove that validation.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubstax/validations/tax_eu/validation.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308982 by krileon
Have retested with and without mandatory invoice address and wasn't able to confirm your issue. With Company Name only supplied while leaving VAT empty it saves the invoice and allows the purchase to go through perfectly fine. It should only validate the VAT if supplied. Are you sure they're not just typing in VAT by mistake? You should have at least 2 tax rules as I understand it. 1 for EU consumer and 1 for EU business and should apply the tax rate accordingly.

If it is still having issues please provide the exact steps your taking including any sample data for invoice address (feel free to PM this information) so we can attempt to reproduce your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308984 by bins
I have tax rules set up for UK only (UK memberships only)!

If I switch off 'Customer invoicing address/Invoicing address handling at payment time' what will that do? Will the members details used at registration be used?

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308999 by beat
EDIT: Switching customer invoicing off will switch entirely invoice addresses. Not what you wish, I guess.

The VAT field is never mandatory to fill-up in CBSubs invoice edits.

Not sure what exact issue you are reporting ?

In your tax rates, what setting do you have for "Methods to validate that the customer is a business (B2) for this tax" ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309075 by bins
I have switched off customer invoicing which makes things much better, however, the VAT calculation stops. EDIT -the member address is shown on the invoice.

In every case for us the member address is the invoice address. Everything has VAT and we only sell in the UK.

I want to show VAT, but have no need to record the VAT number or check its validity.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn