CB 2.3.0 - post-update oddities ??

5 years 4 months ago #309286 by mikerotec
CB 2.3.0 - post-update oddities ?? was created by mikerotec
Something different now on ONE of my "DEV" servers... in the plugin management 'install from web" section it doesn't seem to recognize my installation anymore, now all I get are "Sign Up" and "Buy" buttons there.

Even post-update (to 2.3.0) , I'm still not able to get the "latest" updates. This is very odd, since this ('alternate') DEV server is made from the same recent clone of our live server that our other DEV server was - and that one can get CB web updates normally- it updated fine to 2.3.0+build.2018.11.26.18.02.53.89a6e2ebd ...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3.0 - post-update oddities ??
It uses JSONP. This means you need to be logged into Joomlapolis in the same browser session for it to utilize your existing cookie. If it's not working you've something installed on the site or your browser that is blocking the JSONP request. We've plans to implement a token system that you'll be able to copy from your profile here to avoid needing to use a JSONP request (which will still be supported if a token isn't used).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309313 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic CB 2.3.0 - post-update oddities ??
Logged in here , and now that DEV server is able to update normally ( so nothing was blocking it, I guess I was just logged out of here!)

Incidentally, t'would be nice if I could STAY LOGGED IN to this website, I have to log in here with every visit... ( latest Chrome browser )

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3.0 - post-update oddities ??

Incidentally, t'would be nice if I could STAY LOGGED IN to this website, I have to log in here with every visit... ( latest Chrome browser )

Our login sessions last awhile. I'm typically not logged out unless it has been an entire day or two without visiting the site. Our login page below also outputs the remember me if you want to try using that. The header login doesn't output it as it doesn't fit well.

www.joomlapolis.com/login

Also ensure your browser isn't configured to destroy cookies on close.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309315 by mikerotec
Thanks for the link to that login page... I have been logging in 'from the top of page' forever .

I used the remember me this time, will see how it goes :)

5 years 3 months ago #309577 by mikerotec
Something ODD again... I am currently logged into the Joomlapolis site. But I am showing some version conflicts!

In the same browser as I am typing in now:

LIVE server
Your version is 2.3.0+build.2018.12.22.17.45.33.2d82ff8bb
Latest version 2.3.0+build.2018.12.22.17.45.33.2d82ff8bb

DEV server
Your version is 2.3.0+build.2018.12.22.17.45.33.2d82ff8bb
Latest version 2.3.0+build.2019.01.03.15.47.19.d779ad205

But "Plugin Management | Install New plugin | Install from Web" doesn't show any UPDATE available on either server...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn