CBSubs gateway notifications and errors

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309614 by itsjeff
A client reported issues with payments for subscriptions as they have renewals beginning each year.

I looked into the notifications and observed two frequent log entries in addition to completed payments.

Log Type: IPN notificaton invalid hash / Fraud attempt
Reason code: ARB-Silent: ARB silent post Hash check failed

Log Type: Error returned by gateway (single payment)
Reason code: 11

I realized I did not have an MD5 hash set in Authorize.net nor the gateway setting in CBSubs, so I hope that fixes the first issue, but please advise if it's something else. If this is required input to avoid the error/notification perhaps the field in the gateway settings should be mandatory?

I'm not sure what the cause for #2 is. Authorize.net says that Error 11 is the result of a duplicate transaction being submitted . Why would that be happening? I assumed users are possibly being click-happy, but it has happened 25 times since Dec. 31, which seems very high.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs gateway notifications and errors

I realized I did not have an MD5 hash set in Authorize.net nor the gateway setting in CBSubs, so I hope that fixes the first issue, but please advise if it's something else. If this is required input to avoid the error/notification perhaps the field in the gateway settings should be mandatory?

It's due to the hash check failing, which failed due to not supplying the hash in your gateway settings. Supplying the hash should resolve this for future purchases.

I'm not sure what the cause for #2 is. Authorize.net says that Error 11 is the result of a duplicate transaction being submitted . Why would that be happening? I assumed users are possibly being click-happy, but it has happened 25 times since Dec. 31, which seems very high.

It maybe retries since the hash check has been failing. You'll need to review the details of the notification see what exactly is happening. It's possible the payment went through, but CBSubs rejected it due to the hash check. You'll need to check your received payments to be sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsjeff

5 years 3 months ago #309666 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic CBSubs gateway notifications and errors
Thanks for answering Krileon. A few more payments were made since I set the hash value in Authorize.net and updated the payment gateway setting to match. There are still notices for every transaction, even the completed ones, that say:
IPN notificaton invalid hash / Fraud attempt
ARB-Silent: ARB silent post Hash check failed

Any ideas? I'm sure there was no typo, but I have re-set a new hash value in both places to test further. I wondered if a space in the hash value was an issue, but it's fine according to Authorize.net :

Note that the MD5 Hash Value can be up to 20 characters long, including upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, spaces, and punctuation. More complex values will be more secure.

5 years 3 months ago #309692 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic CBSubs gateway notifications and errors
There have been more transactions since changing and updating the hash value in both Authorize.net and the payment gateway setting in CBSubs. The same error message occurs with each transaction.

Everything is up to date. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

5 years 3 months ago #309702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs gateway notifications and errors
Are you altering the price at Authorize.net? Adding a fee of some sort? That sometimes can cause the validation checks to fail as it also is trying to be sure they're paying the right amount for the basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309737 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs gateway notifications and errors
I'll be looking into this Authorize.net MD5 issue. Something has changed on Authorize.net side for recurring payments with ARBs. Would it be possible to send me by Private Message (PM) or embed in here with the [ confidential ] tag (lock in full editor), one of the notifications entries corresponding to the failed MD5 hash, in particular the raw part ? Thank you in advance.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn