csv import for userlist wont work

5 years 2 months ago #310474 by wegda
csv import for userlist wont work was created by wegda
Ive try to import an csv document but it ends into error message"username...."

How can set the document in relation to the cb database?

E.G. cb_adress, cb_city cb_phone and so on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310476 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic csv import for userlist wont work
Export a user then review the exported data for how to structure your import. Currently import of non-core fields is bugged. For CSV the string character is " (double quote) with the separator being comma.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310498 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic csv import for userlist wont work
ok thx for advise.
Ive the format like @attachment pic.
How can i format it easy to the right format?
Important: Ive over 300 user with minimal information like attachment

Normaly Known i get an dialog about the fields assignment e.g .name(csv) = cb_username(database website) with a dropdown for the database fields to select. Then the process is mostly correct
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310501 by krileon
Export a user then edit the data. Do not change the first row as it contains the field names and is responsible for knowing what field the data is mapped to. It's erroring because you're missing the username field in your import data, which is required for Joomla to create a user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310510 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic csv import for userlist wont work
Have u seen my data format?My format is a xls format. Whats the best and easy way to import this data?

5 years 2 months ago #310513 by krileon
The import supports CSV, XML, and JSON. Again, export a user and you'll have the appropriate format. You can not just use whatever format you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn