csv import for userlist wont work

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310595 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic csv import for userlist wont work
Okay ive undestand this. The problem is, thats is my format. Inside a other Component i remember there was a way via script to organise the import via dropdowns, so the data import was correct to intern fields. That is mayby an idea for your users

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310598 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic csv import for userlist wont work
We've no plans to map random strings to field names, which would significantly bloat the import interface and add extra unnecessary steps. The first row should contain the field names for their associated data and there are no plans at this time to support otherwise, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311136 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic csv import for userlist wont work

krileon wrote: Export a user then edit the data. Do not change the first row as it contains the field names and is responsible for knowing what field the data is mapped to. It's erroring because you're missing the username field in your import data, which is required for Joomla to create a user.

If understood You correctly, a complete rewrite of the accounts to change individual fields can. This is inconvenient when you have hundreds of thousands of users to change in one field, and access rights are constantly changing. It is necessary to close the site, export, then compare in MS excel two databases, process, then upload back to the server. It would be easier to load username and several fields.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311150 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic csv import for userlist wont work
I don't understand what issue you're having. The import functionality is quite simple. The first row contains the field names. If you want to import username then have a column in the first row with "username" and it will import that column of data for each row as the username. It is not going to let you map random strings in the first column to fields, sorry; that is not being added.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn