Multiple issues with website

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310554 by marse7
Multiple issues with website was created by marse7
What in the fresh hell is this mess - over 150 occurrences that suddenly popped up out of nowhere!

02/10/2019 14:40:06 Change log Basket timeout Payment baskets 5371 delete

Also, what is "Basket Not Initiated?" The client has paid, it shows they paid but that is also showing on the payments tabs.

One final question (sorry): When a client purchases several products at the same time where is that invoice generated and does that invoice generate a breakdown of the purchases? I am searching for this information but haven't found it yet. Forgive me if it's somewhere obvious. This and another issue for this site (in another ticket) has me a bit frantic.

Help!

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple issues with website

What in the fresh hell is this mess - over 150 occurrences that suddenly popped up out of nowhere!

02/10/2019 14:40:06 Change log Basket timeout Payment baskets 5371 delete

Means someone start to subscribed and stopped after the basket was created. They never attempted to pay, but left the basket there. Those will clear themselves out based off your timeout settings in CB > Settings > Display > Baskets. Do not obsess over the history log; it logs a lot of information that may not be relevant to you, but will be to us if we need to review issues.

Also, what is "Basket Not Initiated?"

The basket doesn't have a payment gateway associated with it; meaning it is unpaid.

The client has paid, it shows they paid but that is also showing on the payments tabs.

They attempted to pay a basket that no longer exists. Don't see how that can happen unless they paid then cancelled the basket before the gateway sent an IPN to pay it or it expired before they finished paying, which shouldn't happen since the default timeout is 3 hours; would be strange for them to sit at PayPal for 3 hours for example before finishing paying. Can't really suggest anything more without knowing what payment gateway you're using.

One final question (sorry): When a client purchases several products at the same time where is that invoice generated and does that invoice generate a breakdown of the purchases? I am searching for this information but haven't found it yet. Forgive me if it's somewhere obvious. This and another issue for this site (in another ticket) has me a bit frantic.

There is no frontend payment history. We've a feature ticket to review implementing this. The invoice however does shown every plan that was purchased at once. You can view your invoices from the link provided at the bottom of the Subscription tab on your profile. Payment history can however be reviewed in backend in CBSubs > Payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

5 years 1 month ago #310574 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic Multiple issues with website
Thank you for your quick replies - I will review today. Please keep the ticket open a bit longer so I can see what's what.

One issue that isn't a CB Subs issue is that because the site is a kludge (many layers of Joomla upgrade and update here) it runs slowly. I've never been able to increase the speed of it and people get impatient. Perhaps the member became impatient and started clicking back and forth.

I will dig further into the behavior and come back here.

Again, thank you.

You guys rock.

Mark

5 years 1 month ago #310587 by krileon

One issue that isn't a CB Subs issue is that because the site is a kludge (many layers of Joomla upgrade and update here) it runs slowly.

Maybe worth starting over from scratch. Migrating things like Joomla articles or your users is relatively easy since you can just directly export and import over those database tables. This would give you a chance to clear out old extensions, etc.. Could also be as simple as your webhost just doesn't provide enough performance and you're capping out your CPU limits.

I've never been able to increase the speed of it and people get impatient. Perhaps the member became impatient and started clicking back and forth.

Yes, that's certainly possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #310603 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic Multiple issues with website
Maybe worth starting over from scratch. Migrating things like Joomla articles or your users is relatively easy since you can just directly export and import over those database tables. This would give you a chance to clear out old extensions, etc.. Could also be as simple as your webhost just doesn't provide enough performance and you're capping out your CPU limits.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've given my client a quote on rebuilding from scratch. They know the issues (somewhat) and the cost and so far they are unwilling to move in that direction. Certainly would make my life easier. :dry:

I've also asked the hosting company to look into why the site is running slow. So far, they are basically saying they see it is throttling at times but don't know why. Lots of help, right?

I wish everyone was as directly helpful and responsive as you guys!

Thanks for all your help!

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 1 month ago #310608 by krileon

Yeah, tell me about it. I've given my client a quote on rebuilding from scratch. They know the issues (somewhat) and the cost and so far they are unwilling to move in that direction. Certainly would make my life easier.

You could try something like JCH Optimizer (we use it here) for more advanced JS/CSS caching then enable its Lazy Loading for images. That might give you some rather significant gains in performance especially if the site contains a lot of images. Just kind of depends on if the performance is on the rendering side or server side of things. Usually the biggest server side slow down is a poorly optimized database query somewhere that you should be able to find with Joomla debugging and checking query performance at bottom of the page that often can be fixed with a new index added to the database.

We had some slow queries in the past mainly in CB Activity and CB GroupJive when they were under heavy load, but those have all been fixed so be sure everything CB related is up to date. I've gotten in the habbit of massively padding my databases to be sure we don't have query performance problems again. Typically my load tests are around 100,000-1million table rows. Sometimes the slow query is simply because a paging parameter lost its page limit so it's trying to render 1000 rows on a single page. I know this can happen sometimes with userlists when migrating from CB 1.x to CB 2.x.

I've also asked the hosting company to look into why the site is running slow. So far, they are basically saying they see it is throttling at times but don't know why. Lots of help, right?

You might be able to try debugging this your self. Open the browser developer tools with F12 and monitor the network traffic (should just be Network tab) as you navigate the site. Take note of HTTP requests that take too long (e.g. a 500ms request). If any point to CB and are taking too long provide them here with domain name removed and can see if there's a potential slowdown in any of our endpoints. Can't really help with slow endpoints that don't belong to CB, but you're welcome to provide those anyway. If the slowdown is on index.php it is absolutely something core Joomla or extension related and take note as to what got loaded on the page you're viewing (e.g. if viewing user profile for example).

I wish everyone was as directly helpful and responsive as you guys!

Glad I can be of help :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn