[SOLVED] CbSubs mailer fails to send messages

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310610 by RobertvanderHulst
[SOLVED] CbSubs mailer fails to send messages was created by RobertvanderHulst
I have enabled cbsubs today and when my cron job runs to send email messages then I see the following error message in the log file:

"Mailer mail sending error: Could not instantiate mail function"
What could be causing this ?

I have other components on the web server, such as Kunena and RsTickets that send emails without problems.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
That typically means the mailer API it self failed completely. Are you using PHPMail or SMTP? Is Joomla mail globally turned off? You should be able to review both within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310615 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
Kyle,

We are using PhPMail
The other components (Kunena and Tickets Pro) work without problems.
Can I add the failed messages to the queue again for a retry ?

5 years 2 months ago #310626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
You should be able to just rerun the mailer to endpoints to retry. Does the Mass Mailer in CB > User Management work fine to email your self? Ensure you haven't disabled only CBs emails within CB > Configuration > Integration using the "Send Emails" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310644 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,
I am not sure what you mean with "rerun the mailer to endpoints ".
I did try the mass mail function from the user manager and it works.
Unfortunaly the automatic mails for renewals do not work.
I see 2 new messages about failures in the log:
# Event time Event type Message Table affected Table Key Change Username Full name IP Address Log Priority Id
1 2019-02-13 00:29:02 Error log Mailer mail sending error: Could not instantiate mail function. - --- System - 72.14.187.212,72.14.187.212 Error 839
2 2019-02-13 00:29:02 Error log Mailer mail sending error: Could not instantiate mail function. - --- System - 72.14.187.212,72.14.187.212 Error 838

In the "Messages Sent" page I can see which 2 messages the system tried to send, so I will manually send them today. But that is not why I installed CbSubs.

5 years 2 months ago #310646 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,
I reinstalled the mailer component and when I click on one of the CRON links I now see the the following message in the errors list
WARNING: set_time_limit(): Cannot set max execution time limit due to system policy in /customers/f/d/c/xsharp.info/httpd.www/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.php on line 935

Does this ring a bell ?
Our hosting provider is One.com

Robert

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn