[SOLVED] CbSubs mailer fails to send messages

5 years 2 months ago #310650 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
Your host has disabled set_time_limit, which is used to prevent the mailer queue parse from timing out too early. You'll need to contact your host. I've no experience with one.com, sorry. I typically recommend places like siteground for Joomla installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310656 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
Kyle,

krileon wrote: Your host has disabled set_time_limit, which is used to prevent the mailer queue parse from timing out too early. You'll need to contact your host. I've no experience with one.com, sorry. I typically recommend places like siteground for Joomla installs.

From what I read on the web they are not the only ones doing that.
Is this set_time_limit() really necessary, or is there no other way to make this code run ?
I checked the php setting for max_execution_time and its value = 50.
So is this really necessary ?

Robert

5 years 2 months ago #310658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
Most hosts set max_execution_time to 20 - 30, which may be too little time depending on how many emails need to process. CBSubs Mailer will set this to 60. Your value of 50 is probably fine. Regardless it's just a warning and shouldn't stop the execution of the mailer and the "Could not instantiate mail function" error suggests it's making it all the way to the process of actually sending the emails which is then failing when attempting to use the mailer API. I've no idea why this impacts only CBSubs Mailer as it's the same API used to send every email in CB. You'll need to have your host check their mailer logs to see if they're rejecting the email for whatever reason as we're just calling PHP mail function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310659 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic CbSubs mailer fails to send messages
Kyle,

Found the problem:
One.com does not like it when the username specified in the system configuration for the mail service is not the same as the from name in the email message. We had changed the from name in the mailer configuration.
I have now also commented out the set_time_limit() calls in your php code and it works fine now without any warnings and errors.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn