[SOLVED] Editing profiles

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310670 by 3cellhosting
[SOLVED] Editing profiles was created by 3cellhosting
Hi guys,

One of my clients has an issue with editing profiles. The user base is somewhat lacking in computing skills so they email the owner to have settings changed - primarily the option to display details to other members. When a super user goes via admin to the user profile and changes the value they are asked to verify the user's password. This is something the super user does not know.

I realise this is a security feature but is there any way to bypass this as the client does not want member passwords and neither do they want to change them to store the requested change.

Any advice please?

Best regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310675 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing profiles
Your client has browser autofill for passwords likely from a password management extension (e.g. LastPass). It's filling in the password when they edit a user because their autofill is detecting it's a password input it should fill. We already set autocomplete="off" (on the input and the form), but password management extensions are set to ignore that by default. They can either clear the autofill so it stops doing that, get in the habit of emptying the password input on every edit, or change their settings in their password manager to stop ignoring autocomplete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #310683 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Editing profiles
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the prompt response. We have tested the suggested solution and can confirm it works correctly.

I would never have considered it would be a browser issue.

Thanks again.

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn