Cloned plans causing issues

5 years 2 months ago #310733 by marse7
Cloned plans causing issues was created by marse7
Hi, all at Joomlapolis,

I've noticed this before and failed to follow up on it. I can't detail exactly the previous issue but I noticed that cloned plans caused some issues. These issues were happening simultaneous to other things and I didn't push beyond solving the immediate issues. I will check back in this forum to see if I can find the issue and add it to this ticket if I find it.

But I do have an example now that I'd like to pursue.

A while ago I cloned the main membership plan to create a student plan with two extra required fields to verify the membership was viable. These two fields are blocked in other plans so they don't show up as part of the regular membership, etc.

The student plan also had a lesser price and some fields from the normal membership plan were blocked in this plan (like company, etc.)

This plan is also exclusive although as I was having problems I made it non-exclusive and the issue remained.

What is happening is that a member fills out a regular membership (nothing to do with Student Plan) and hits SIGN UP and the form isn't processed because it says that a filed is required. There are no fields to be filled in at this point, and the error message is up near the Student Plan. I've included a screenshot of this.

I had to disable the Student Plan to allow any sort of registration.

I can rebuild the Student Plan from scratch rather than clone it but before I do is there anything you all can see that might be an issue?

Best,
Mark

www.ocra-dg.org/index.php/member-center/join-ocra

Joomla 3.8.12
CB: 2.4.0
CBSubs:
4.3.0+build.2018.07.05.21.23.07.5cee7f443
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310743 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cloned plans causing issues
Your "OCRA Student Membership" plan is a radio field and not a checkbox in your screenshot. If it's a radio it's set to Exclusive, which for CBSubs is also Mandatory within its parent. Since all your plans are top level you will not be able to subscribe without selecting the student membership. Instead of making it exclusive you could use conditions under the Workflows tab to show/hide plans based off other plan selection so certain plans can't be combined or make all plans exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310753 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic Cloned plans causing issues
Krileon,

Thanks for the quick response.

All of the plans are top level including the Student Membership. It should be able to be set to exclusive, right?

I can't make all the plans exclusive since there are other options beside membership to be subscribed to.

Plus, as I stated, I've changed the Student Plan to non-exclusive (checkbox) and the issue remains. Only when I unpublish the plan do I avoid the issues mentioned so it has to be something with the Student Plan itself or...?

Any thoughts?

Mark

5 years 2 months ago #310756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cloned plans causing issues

All of the plans are top level including the Student Membership. It should be able to be set to exclusive, right?

That depends on how you want it to work. If they're each exclusive plans and can not be combined then yes setting them all to Exclusive would be ideal. Example structure as follows

Plan 1 - Exclusive
Plan 2 - Exclusive
Plan 3 - Exclusive
Plan 4 - Non-Exclusive
Plan 5 - Non-Exclusive

With the above I must select Plan 1, 2, or 3. I can then add Plan 4 and/or 5 to 1, 2, or 3. I can not subscribe to just 4 or 5.

Plus, as I stated, I've changed the Student Plan to non-exclusive (checkbox) and the issue remains. Only when I unpublish the plan do I avoid the issues mentioned so it has to be something with the Student Plan itself or...?

The issue shouldn't remain once you've toggled it to non-exclusive. Would seam very strange for it to since that check is dependent on the exclusive parameter. Are you toggling it from CBSubs > Plans via the checkmark? If so try editing the plan then saving it as non-exclusive and see if works fine then. Could be some extra data that needs to be saved that isn't when toggling with the checkmark. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn