[SOLVED] Paid Subscriptions - backend unresponsive...

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310844 by mikerotec
You have the latest version 4.3.0+build.2018.11.12.17.24.17.6436fbca5

Problem: the "settings" menu item takes forever to load! (more than two minutes!!) WHATS UP WITH THAT??

OK, just found out there is actually a newer version ( I didn't get any update notice...)

You have the latest version 4.3.0+build.2019.02.18.22.32.58.8393f4f50 .

Still, more or less SLUG SLOW loading the settings page... the "Payments Center" loads in ONE SECOND.

But the "settings" menu item takes NINETY-FOUR SECONDS!! Badly-written db query somewhere??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310851 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Paid Subscriptions - backend unresponsive...
Takes around 7s in my local tests and our demo site. Sounds like you've something causing the slowdown installed or a problem with your server. If using a 3rd party WYSIWYG editor switch to TinyMCE and see if issue persists. Aside from that it could be OpenSSL or fsockopen check. You'd need to profile your site with xdebug to find out exactly what's slowing down.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310861 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Paid Subscriptions - backend unresponsive...
Yep, it was the Ark Editor that we have set as default editor on the site ( not sure why, actually...)
Changing to TinyMCE speeds up that page load about a factor of twenty! (now loads in 7 seconds on our DEV server, which is a pretty slow machine...)

5 years 1 month ago #310862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Paid Subscriptions - backend unresponsive...
No idea what an editor could be doing to cause such a slow load, but my advise is to uninstall it and just use TinyMCE. TinyMCE is quite customizable now within its parameters in Extensions > Plugins (e.g. per usergroup button layouts).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 1 month ago #310863 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Paid Subscriptions - backend unresponsive...
The Ark editor has about 40 "Ark" plugins! I have nuked it, and am using TinyMCE now. Thanks for the sage advice :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn