User Registration Confirmed Despite Mailbox Unavailable

5 years 1 month ago #310935 by webtechplus
Hi,

We have a site where email confirmation is required for new users registering on the site. We are also using cb conect for users registering with social accounts. The system is working fine for most users however periodically we get users who will register their account (we notified of registrations) but we also get an email bounce back with a 550 error "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.5.0 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable".

The issue is that the users getting the bounce back email are still marked as confirmed in the user list. Is this a default action or are these social sign in accounts with non existing email accounts? Not sure how users can click a link to confirm without a functioning mailbox.

Any advice welcome

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310940 by krileon
Have you configured CB Connect to require confirmation? By default CB Connect registrations bypass confirmation and approval. This needs to be done per provider in CB Connect > Parameters > Provider (e.g. Facebook) > Registration. It's entirely possibly they used a temporary email address during registration as well, which would allow them to confirm but then expire the temporary email address account. There's not really any way for CB Connect to do anything about that as it accepts whatever email address the provider gives CB Connect or if it doesn't give one the user supplies one themselves during the registration process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn