CBSubs & Stripe - How to set up 3D-secure-payment for credit cards

5 years 1 month ago #310957 by erichburkhard
Hi - I have the following question:
I could set up the 'normal' credit card payment process (normal = without 3D-secure established) by using the Stripe gateway in CB Subs. So far so good :-) But now I wanted to set up also the 3D-secure payment process. For this reason I established the 3D-secure process for my productive VISA card. The customer support of VISA then has approved that my VISA card is ready now for the 3D-secure payment process.

As a second step I wanted to try out the 'look & feel' of this 3D secure payment process together with my Stripe gateway / Stripe account. For this reason I made a productive payment in my web shop with my (3D enabled) VISA credit card. The result was: Stripe didn't 'ask' me for special 3D credentials....

As a next step I examined the settings in the (Stripe)Gateway of CB Subs installation. But I could not find any 'flag' by the help of with I could 'switch on' the 3D secure process. As a last step I contacted the customer support of Stripe for further help. They gave me the following answer:

Answer of Stripe customer support:
"If you do not set it up when creating your Stripe checkout option, you do not have it automatically.
The process for 3D Secure card payments begins in the same way as regular card payments with your integration first creating a Source object that represents the card information. Instead of using this source to make a charge request, it’s used to create a 3D Secure Source object."

Question:
From my point of view this '...creation of a Source object....' sounds not like a 'configuration issue' which I could do in my Stripe account to set up the 3D-secure process....???....or is it just a configuration issue? ....At the moment I have no clue where to switch this '3D secure' on...pls help

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310965 by krileon
3D secure source objects are not supported in our implementation. It was not implemented since Stripe was going to drop that API in favor of their new PaymentIntents API, which recently became available (was recently just in Beta) so is not implemented yet as well. PaymentIntents is planned to be implemented sometime before September when it will become mandatory to have an additional security layer for EU payments via SCA.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7424

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erichburkhard

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313461 by erichburkhard
Hi - as I have seen now, the requirement: 7424 has been implemented now in the CBSubs Rel: 4.3.1. Because of this I have installed CBSubs 4.3.1. and then I have selected the following Stripe accound API version: 2019-03-14.

Now I have made the follwing 2 tests:

Test 1:
Via the Stripe(TEST) Gateway I initiated a payment with a (TEST) creditcard number (I got this (TEST) credit card number from the develper documentation of Stripe. And this (TEST) credit card number is configured for 3D Secure). Result: The (TEST)payment was successfull. And a simulated popup for entering the 3D credentials have been displayed for the user -> TEST OK

Test 2:
Now I made this test again via the Stripe (PRODUCTIVE) Gateway. (exactly same configuration as with Test1). But now I used my own VISA credit card which I enabeld first for 3D secure on the website of the card issuer (Swisscard). The transaction also completed successfully, but NO!!! 3D popup window has been displayed in order to enter my 3D credentials.

Now I don't know where the 'problem' is. How is it possible that Test 1 works, but Test 2 not.

regards

4 years 8 months ago #313462 by krileon
It's not possible for a card to be charged with 3D Secure enabled and the 3D Secure was not approved. Did you enable 3D Secure just before doing the test? I'm guessing that takes awhile as they have to pass that off to VISA as well. Probably a 24 hour process. Recommend contacting your card issuer if the feature on your card issuers website doesn't say.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313466 by erichburkhard
Hi - today I have phoned with the customer service of SwissCard. They told me the following:

a) My VISA creditcard has been correctly enabled for 3D (I have enabled 3D already a few month ago for my VISA credit card)
b) Wether the 3D authentication process is used or not used for a certain transaction depends NOT on my (3D enabled) credit card, but on the webshop who initiates the payment transaction.

But what is the conclusion, if the above statements a) and b) are true?
Via the Stripe(TEST) gateway the transaction will be executed correctly by the use of the 3D authentication process. Via the Stripe(PRODUCTIVE) gateway the 3D authentication process will not be used when I use me 3D enabled VISA credit card

Is it possible that the CB Subs gateway for Stripe behaves different depending on the kind of Stripe Server I use? (Normal Stripe Server / Stripe Test Server)

regards

4 years 8 months ago #313467 by krileon
3D Secure is implemented via Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) API. Ensure you've set the "Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)" parameter in CBSubs Stripe to "Yes". You should also set "Use Stripe Customers for Single Payments" to "Yes" as well. Beyond that there's nothing more to do. All card payments will use Stripe Payment Intents and is entirely up to Stripe to determine if SCA should trigger. If still having issues I suggest contacting Stripe as I only have their test card numbers to go by and they all work fine for 3D Secure testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.010 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn