Event Integration With <insert component here> ?

5 years 1 month ago #311074 by marse7
Hello all,

I just renewed my Dev membership and look forward to another year with Joomlapolis. However, something has come up which might mean I cannot use CB/CB Subs for some clients which may mean I can't use it, period, for any.

I've always used DT Register. JEvents, and CB Subs as a solid trio of applications to solve my clients' needs who do membership and need an integrated events package. Recently, I'm having serious issues with making that work. Nothing on your part - it's other issues with other companies.

However, the problem is what do I do if I need integrated events components? In other words, if an event is based on membership - or worse, event levels of payment and participation based on differing memberships, how do I make CB Subs my membership program if nothing else (that I know of) integrates with CB Subs at that level.

For the last five years, that trio of programs I mentioned has provided me with a sometimes frustrating but solid way to do what I need for my clients. If I have to change my events package(s) then I may have to change my membership component also which means I won't be able to use CB Subs. This would be a huge blow to me.

All I'm asking is recommendation(s) to a solution if my events packages can't be used going forward. You have an obviously highly-placed listening platform for this type of thing and I'm sure it's come up before.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #311100 by krileon
As long as the events extension you're using has the features you're needing there shouldn't be an issue with CBSubs controlling those features. For example if your event extension as a ticketing system it shouldn't be an issue to sell tickets through CBSubs by directly adding them to the database using CBSubs SQL Actions or a Query action in CB Auto Actions. If you need to execute APIs then you'd need to use a Code action in CB Auto Actions. If it's just a matter of restricting an endpoint of some kind (e.g. the destination of a button) then CBSubs Content and its By URL Part protection should work fine.

With that said yes we do have plans for event management. I've plans to develop CB Events sometime in the future, hopefully finally this year, but it has yet to be started and I've other things to implement/fix before I can start development. The plan for CB Events is to be similar to CB Activity and CB Gallery by being Asset driven so you can have as many event calendars and/or event lists as you want. As for event features there's plans for appointments, ticketing system, repeat events, and ways to monetize all of that will be kept in mind during development. Just don't want anyone getting their hopes up over it though as again I have yet to start development and have no idea when I'll be able to, but it for sure is coming.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

5 years 1 month ago #311138 by marse7
Krileon,

Thank you so much for this information. Some things here I didn't consider and will now. Appreciate the comprehensive response!

One thing you should consider (if you ever get around to the events module) is to have a way to generate certificates for attendees to the events. While a lot of events are just dinners, or entertaining speakers some have professional implications and those attendees need "proof" they attended the seminar or training session, etc. DT Register has been around forever and I have asked and asked for a simple way to generate certs. No joy. Matukio, however, has that baked in and it's always on a list to think about migrating to eventually. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!
Mark

5 years 1 month ago #311151 by krileon
I guess that'd be up to the event extension. When CB Events is developed and the event has ticketing enabled then yes there will be an option for printing tickets, but again that may not be for a very long time as I've yet to start development on it. For now if you're using CBSubs to have people pay for events they could just print their invoice, which they should be able to find at the bottom of the Subscriptions tab via link to their invoices page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn