'Ugly' search tools screens in backend

5 years 1 month ago #311242 by RobertvanderHulst
'Ugly' search tools screens in backend was created by RobertvanderHulst
When searching through users or subscriptions in the backend of our website I often need to open the 'Search Tools' window and everytime when I do that I really dislike the very large screen space that this window occupies. For example on the users window I want to select the 'online' users. So I open the search tools window but after selecting 'Online' then I have to scroll the window down to be able to select the [Search] button. There are three very large group boxes with from -to date with Y-M-D h:m:s which take a lot of screen space.
Is there a way that I can resize that to make this screen look better and easier to operate ?
Do I need to install a different template for the backend to achieve this ?
Or can the search button be moved to the top of the window ?

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 'Ugly' search tools screens in backend
The date range fieldsets will be collapsed in a future release, which will reduce them to a single line until expanded instead of their full display. The search icon next to the search input is a search button as well so you can use the one at the top or bottom.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

5 years 1 month ago #311280 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic 'Ugly' search tools screens in backend
Kyle,
I have no idea how many people use the time portion on the Date controls. I never do.
If you remove (or hide with an option to show) these and then move things a little bit closer then you can combine all three date controls on the user window on one line I think. Now they occupy really a lot of space.

Robert

5 years 1 month ago #311304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 'Ugly' search tools screens in backend
The date filters won't be removed, but there will be a collapse and expand functionality to it with it default collapsed. There will be a button to click to expand it. This still needs some work and a few things moved around before we implement it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn